EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 19 Jun 2022, 05:06 AM   #1
Csin

Free email providers with POP/IMAP support?

Are there any free email providers that offer this? Besides Gmail? That's free as in really free...not 'free' as in temporary trial introduction.
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Jun 2022, 11:34 PM   #2
dextron

What do you mean "free"? There are a lot pseudo-free providers, such as gmail, outlook/hotmail, mail.ru, yandex.com/ru and others. And there are some real free. For example, disroot.org. But it is not for business (read ToS).
dextron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2022, 04:42 AM   #3
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Gmail and Outlook do provide one bonus that not many other providers can offer: the near-guarantee they'll still be around in many years time. These providers are so big that the likelihood of them surviving for many more years is almost a certainty.

In normal circumstances, the same goes for Mail.ru and Yandex, assuming they're not suffering financially right now.

Doesn't Yahoo also provide POP/IMAP or am I remembering wrong here? (It's been years ago since I last used Yahoo, but several people I know still happily use it. Never asked them if they use an email client or webmail)
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2022, 04:43 AM   #4
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
PS: not only Gmail and Outlook offer the near-guarantee that they'll survive for many more years, they also offer the near-guarantee that their services will remain free indeed. Which was an essential part of the question the OP asked.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2022, 07:41 AM   #5
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextron View Post
What do you mean "free"? There are a lot pseudo-free providers, such as gmail, outlook/hotmail, mail.ru, yandex.com/ru and others. And there are some real free. For example, disroot.org. But it is not for business (read ToS).
My employer supplies me with a free email account, and actually pays me for using it...
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2022, 09:40 PM   #6
dextron

It's all said right. One nuance. You must be said to yourself who you are, the customer or the product. So if you are a commodity, then yes, Big Brother (google, microsoft, yahoo, yandex, mail.ru and so on) is waiting for you. If you are a customer, find already about 25$/20EUR per year for service. By the way, there are services that accept the cryptocurrency.
dextron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Jul 2022, 08:16 PM   #7
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
PS: not only Gmail and Outlook offer the near-guarantee that they'll survive for many more years, they also offer the near-guarantee that their services will remain free indeed. Which was an essential part of the question the OP asked.

You could probably add Yahoo and/or AOL to those as well I think. Not that I would use them myself on a daily basis but I know there are still tons of people using them.

D
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jul 2022, 01:45 PM   #8
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
All germany free email providers have the features you requested.
  1. GMX.de
  2. Web.de
  3. freenet.de
  4. arcor.de
  5. vodafone.de
  6. mail.de
  7. t-online.de
  8. magenta.de
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Jul 2022, 08:04 AM   #9
RFK
Essential Contributor