EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 10 Jul 2024, 05:20 AM   #1
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

X-Spam-Hits SH_URLHASH_ALL ?

My electric/gas company is sends out projected (next month's) billing information illustrated with bar graphs (not sure that's even significant). I think it's been doing this for quite some time. However in the past few (3 or so) months they are being classed as spam because the spam score, around 10, is higher than my spam threshold, 5. I'm certainly not going to raise my spam threshold score up to 10 so I made this specific sender a special case so it won't be considered as spam in the future.

The score is so high because X-Spam-Hits has a new (?) entry called SH_URLHASH_ALL and it's always given a value of 8 which is what's obviously driving the spam score up so high. I can't really find any info on this SH_URLHASH_ALL so I thought I'd post here to see if anybody has any info on this that maybe I could report to my electric/gas company warning them those emails are potentially be classed as spam to other users as well. Heh, I can be pretty sure their customer service will never have gotten a report like that before if I do it!
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10 Jul 2024, 05:31 AM   #2
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

It seems to me is that the best way to deal with this to ask Fastmail support, because the value 8 might be a mistake, or they can check how much other email has this test: perhaps they don't want to use this test. And anyway they should have the answer. It might be a custom test they created (that would be a reason Google doesn't find it anywhere). If so they might want to change it so it works better.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2024, 11:56 AM   #3
Bamb0
Master of the @

I hope it works for ya buddy!!

Sometimes I have sent to ppl and my email is marked spam.... They add me so I wont be and I still am sometimes!!

A real pain..........
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2024, 12:33 PM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

It would be interesting to see the raw html from the email in question. Often, when spam checks are unhappy with urls, it is because they are being used to track your activity (for instance, a coded url for a small image can be used to see whether and/or when you specifically opened the email).
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Jul 2024, 05:18 PM   #5
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

I submitted a ticket. Stay tuned...
Old Yesterday, 08:03 AM   #6
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

It's a while since I've taken an interest in spam filtering, but my guess would be that SH stands for SpamHaus, in which case it's probably this:

https://www.spamhaus.com/resource-ce...ash-blocklist/
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:02 AM   #7
Bamb0
Master of the @

I recently sent an email to thier support address requesting an email addy be unflagged as sedning spam as he wasnt!! (He has sent me an MP3 file which was 9 something megs and I guess that made them think he was spamming people I dont know)
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:57 PM   #8
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowBob View Post
It's a while since I've taken an interest in spam filtering, but my guess would be that SH stands for SpamHaus
My thought too but still I'd like to know what's unique about my PG&E email's that causes those to include SH_URLHASH_ALL in X-Spam-Hits and why it's weighted so high.

At this point I don't know if it's only emails from PG&E or just these notices about and estimated of how much my upcoming bill will be and as I just noticed the other day a message of what my actual bill is compared to the previous one. These both take the form of including bar graphs. I don't know if that's significant or not.

Still haven't heard anything from FM on my ticket other than it's been "esculated to Tier 3".