EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 7 Mar 2022, 02:40 AM   #1
boymail

Swisscows email

What do you think about Swisscows email
https://swisscows.email
boymail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Mar 2022, 04:41 AM   #2
jarland
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
MXRoute.com
How do people keep buying the whole "Switzerland = secure" thing after the big reveal of Crypto AG?

I'm sure they're fine I just cringe a little every time I see things like that. Not like anywhere else is better it's just weird to think Switzerland is better.
jarland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2022, 05:33 AM   #3
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
How do people keep buying the whole "Switzerland = secure" thing after the big reveal of Crypto AG?
People often have primal associations between regions or countries and certain products: French wine, Mediterranean food, Vermont maple syrup, Wisconsin cheese. There are kernels of truth in all of them, but in reality great wines also come from California, not all Mediterranean food is good for you, New York maple syrup and cheese is just as good, etc. Same with tech products: German cars equal precision, Silicon Valley is where the best software comes from. I suspect when people don't really know what goes into some product or even how to evaluate whether it is good or bad they grasp at clues based on these associations. This is one reason why every company is mining all of our data so they can serve us targeted ads that apparently work.
TenFour is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2022, 06:01 AM   #4
trussrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarland View Post

I'm sure they're fine I just cringe a little every time I see things like that. Not like anywhere else is better it's just weird to think Switzerland is better.
This is why I love Migadu.com!
trussrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2022, 09:41 AM   #5
Csin

Quote:
Originally Posted by boymail View Post
What do you think about Swisscows email
https://swisscows.email
'Terms of Use' looks okay, but as there is no mention of whether or not 'inactivity' will shut down a free account (or a paid one, like in the case of Tutanota), I would likely not be too keen to try either. As has already been mentioned, the current reputation of the Swiss with pro-privacy matters has been well torpedoed...by the Swiss government.
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote