EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 15 Apr 2024, 09:31 AM   #46
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Its a shame as I still hate that stupid folders box thing above my in-box.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Apr 2024, 01:14 PM   #47
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

I still cant move or block the folder thing stuck above my inbox...
Old 20 Jun 2024, 09:11 AM   #48
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

I still cant find a way to move or block it.

The concept is god but I hate that stupid folder box above my inbox.
Old 5 Jul 2024, 11:33 PM   #49
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

I'm not seeing this, is it a beta thing?
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jul 2024, 02:18 AM   #50
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideshowBob View Post
I'm not seeing this, is it a beta thing?
Terry refers to the title "Folders" that's above the list of all the user's folders and below the compose buttons. The same title line also contains a search button to search for a folder and a + button to create a new folder (and if you hiver over this title you also see a little triangle that can be used to hide or show the list of folders). Terry wants to hide this line.
If Fastmail would remove this line they would still require space for the folder search button and the new folder button, and the buttons would probably need to have some text in them so people know they are for search folders or creating a new folder (and not searching messages or creating a new message).
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jul 2024, 05:30 PM   #51
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Why not put it where it was for the last 20 + years...
Old 9 Jul 2024, 03:44 AM   #52
dsemf

I must be missing something.

https://sandsys.org/sidebar.png

The standard folders are between the Compose button and the custom folders. This is the Fastmail web client on Safari.

DS
dsemf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jul 2024, 07:59 AM   #53
SideshowBob
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsemf View Post
I must be missing something.

The standard folders are between the Compose button and the custom folders. This is the Fastmail web client on Safari.
Yes, and the search box above the inbox only appear if I click the magnifying glass.
SideshowBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jul 2024, 08:13 AM   #54
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Mine doesn't look like that. The word "Folders" with the magnifying glass and plus sign is right above the Inbox, and below the Inbox are other folders, and the system folders are down were I placed them in the past using the folders management screen.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jul 2024, 09:15 AM   #55
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Arrow Two Fastmail folder setups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
Mine doesn't look like that. The word "Folders" with the magnifying glass and plus sign is right above the Inbox, and below the Inbox are other folders, and the system folders are down were I placed them in the past using the folders management screen.
Fastmail made some initial changes to the beta interface in late March, 2024. See this post I made soon after the changes:
http://www.emaildiscussions.com/show...2&postcount=11
One feature I mentioned in that post (opening and closing the folder/label list) has now been removed.

I have two Fastmail accounts. My main big account is still arranged as described in my post at the link above, either in production or beta mode. My system folders are at the top, then the word Folders or Labels is shown with the folder search magnifying glass and folder add + to the right.

My other account is a Basic account. I never adjusted the folders (to the best of my memory) of this account, and it is laid out as hadaso describes with the Folders word (and the folder search icon and folder add +) above my Inbox and other folders, which are sequentially listed with no breaks.

I can't find a way to change either account to look like the other now. So I think that Fastmail was experimenting and they decided to delay further changes at this time and froze these folder setups based on how they were set up several months ago.

I plan to contact Fastmail staff and discuss this.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote