EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 20 Oct 2005, 03:35 AM   #1
Javier
Master of the @

PiluMail (1GB, IMAP, POP3, SMTP)

I have found a new service. The main interface is in spanish (it seems the service is located in Argentina), but, once registered, it uses WorldClient 8.0.1 webmail and you can choose the language preferred.

Its name is PiluMail (username AT pilu.com) and it offers 1 GB of storage, IMAP4, POP3 and SMTP access and WoldClient webmail.

For people who can read spanish, more information is available at

http://www.pilu.com/core/modules.php...howpage&pid=20

but, if any other is interested, information is as follors:

POP3: pop.pilu.com

IMAP4: imap.pilu.com
(EDIT: At this moment, this URL does not have to be available, but at mail.pilu.com seems to be too the IMAP server)

SMTP: smtp.pilu.com

(EDIT2: All servers seems to be available at mail.pilu.com)

The link for registration is:

http://mail.pilu.com/WorldClient.dll?View=NewUser

Once in the registration screen, you can select the language just using the list box on the top ("Espaņol" as value by default).

I have not found time to test the system, but first impression is good (and latest versions of WorldClient are really nice).

Last edited by Javier : 20 Oct 2005 at 03:54 AM.
Javier is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Oct 2005, 03:57 PM   #2
usf
Cornerstone of the Community

Simple steps sign up.
1000 MB mail box capacity with Smtp and Imap & Pop .
short domain name.
I like it and sign up.

Javier ,Thanks your post.
usf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Oct 2005, 08:16 PM   #3
trew

sorry me getting OT. I edit thsi one.

It has a Calendar and To do and Filter into different folders so it is good. ok me not a critic.

I like the easy sign up but how could they protect themselves and us from spammers if it is that easy to sign up.

trew
tested it and it works for me in Opera M2. Both sending from webinteface and using pop3 at Opera mail cliend.

Webinterface rather slow compared to many others.

Is this a real big company that will stay for a while or a young student on his home computer? Just me curious or nosy even.

Or slow cause it has to use satellite maybe.

Last edited by trew : 20 Oct 2005 at 08:56 PM.
trew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2005, 03:08 AM   #4
jedilizagain
Essential Contributor

well, I sent a test email to my test account I created there - sent it from my fastmail account - we'll see how long it takes to get there.

So far, I have not received an email I should be receiving that may be thought to be spam, so I added a filter to make sure that it'll hopefully go into the inbox.
jedilizagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2005, 03:24 AM   #5
SAS

I've sent about ten test messages in the last few hours and as of now, I have received only one.
SAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2005, 03:53 AM   #6
Javier
Master of the @

I have sent one email address using Netaddress SMTP server and it have been received in just a few seconds and I have compossed one email message from Pilu.Mail and sent to Yahoo! Spain and it have been also received almost inmediately
Old 21 Oct 2005, 04:11 AM   #7
jedilizagain
Essential Contributor

the reply to my test mail (After I got the test mail SENT from pilu) did arrive in my pilu mail box (the reply sent from the test email that was sent to my fastmail account). However, the original test email that I sent from fastmail has not arrived. And two attempts to sign up for a little thing I do on the internet (get paid to read) the email did NOT arrive.

Might be faster for some than others, might not even receive all emails........but I like the short name. I just probably won't be able to use it as a "spare" account
jedilizagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Oct 2005, 06:53 PM   #8
trew

Those of you who are good at spanish. Would be interesting to know more about how many days of inactivity and such.

Is it a company with much money who owns it or is it a one man project that has no input of cash?

Trew deCurioso
Old 24 Oct 2005, 04:17 AM   #9
cheviot
Essential Contributor

Q-Any idea what the limit is on attachment size? If I am deciphering my Espanol correctly, it states a limit per email of 100mb, but nothing seperate as far as attachment quota...
cheviot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2005, 04:42 AM   #10
Javier
Master of the @

Very few information is available at Pilu.com site. But I have found that the maximum size for a message (sent or received) is 100 MB.

They also state that the storage quota provided is 1 GB, but if any user need more capacity, just need to send an email to Pilu.Mail and ask for it (pilu.mail AT pilu DOT com).

About the company, I just can say that it is an Argentinan company and, curiously, you can contact directly with any of its management staff (even the CEO), because its name and email address is available at http://www.pilu.com/core/modules.php...showpage&pid=1

The company's name is dELPHOS Inv. y Des. S.R.L. but it does not mean anything for me (maybe because I live in Spain) but, reading the copyright date of some of the pages, it seems to be operating at least from 2000.

EDIT: The main company has a website (http://www.delphosnet.com.ar/) and seems to be active from 1993, working in software and IT services (Pilu.com seems to be one of these projects).

Last edited by Javier : 24 Oct 2005 at 04:47 AM.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 05:41 AM   #11
trew

Javier you give human kindness a friendly face to me.

Trew

PS so now the only thing I have to know is if they count using teh mail server via pop or imap a real visit or if they need one log in via web infterface and how many days of inactivity.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 06:56 AM   #12
war17
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks for the info, Javier! You like the World Client interface.

POP3 and SMTP accesses work quickly for me. IMAP does not work. Let us know when IMAP will be available.
war17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2005, 08:33 AM   #13
Javier
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally posted by war17
Let us know when IMAP will be available.
You're wellcome, war17. I have not been able to access IMAP server at the URL indicated at the info pages, but, as I stated, all protocols seem available at mail.pilu.com and IMAP works fine (not so fast as POP3, but I think it is normal).

The only problem is that I have not get to connect using an IMAP secure connection and that IMAPSize reports that storage quota information is not supported by the server.
Old 24 Oct 2005, 09:25 AM   #14
war17
The "e" in e-mail

I tried accessing IMAP via mail.pilu.com and imap.pilu.com and neither works. I am using port 143 and no SSL. I use Outlook Express.
war17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Oct 2005, 10:01 AM   #15
Javier
Master of the @

Maybe there is any problem with the connection from your PC to PiluMail or with your ISP. I have tested it using Mail2Web (http://www.mail2web.com) and it have logged perfectly.

I have also tested using SSL, and it have accessed my account, but maybe Mail2Web have tried to do it using SSL and changed to non-SSL, because using IMAPSize I cannot access it.

Finally, I have configured the account in my Outlook Express and it also have accessed without any problem (again, only non-SSL IMAP).

My advice is to test your account using Mail2Web and, if you find any problem, contact tech support. Also, remember that the username is only the portion before the "@" (at least in my case is the data I am providing).