EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 5 Mar 2005, 02:41 PM   #1
The Storm
Essential Contributor

Talking Your favourite pizza!

What is your favourite pizza?!

I would have to say my fav is deep pan, bbq supreme from domino's! Mmmmmmmmmm pizza!! hehe
The Storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Mar 2005, 03:05 PM   #2
Sherry

Hi, haven't seen you around for awhile but it's good to see you posting again (even about pizza ).

Ok, my favorite is thin crust pepperoni with black olives. (darn, now I'm going to have to order some tomorrow)

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Mar 2005, 08:01 PM   #3
dantheman
Cornerstone of the Community

Pizza al forno!!! Thin like Sherry's but cooked in a stone oven warmed up by burnt wood. Yep! Long live pizza! Next best thing after homemade lasagna!

www.pizza.it is a nice place to stop by for pizza lovers.
dantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Mar 2005, 09:24 PM   #4
xbot

Representative of:
xxos.us
I love pizza. Have for a looong time.

I like just cheese. It's worked for years, and it will continue working. Though on occasion I'll order pepperoni, but cheese takes the top
xbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2005, 09:50 AM   #5
gysca

I usually buy Papa John's or Domino's. taste a lot better than Pizza Hut's (too greasy for me). I like the supreme (pizza with everything on top - quote from Papa John's employee) but I'll take mostly anything on top of a pizza. just don't give me pineapple, spinach, hot pepper, and fresh tomato.
gysca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2005, 09:57 AM   #6
Gankaku

I don't care for Pizza Hut either, but my husband and daughter love the uber-greasy pan pizza. I don't even touch it. It's repulsive to me! If we get Pizza Hut, I get the thin crust with mushrooms only (sometimes black olives).

I like Papa John's too, and Vocelli's (I think it's local). With them I like either plain cheese or with mushrooms.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2005, 10:09 AM   #7
dantheman

A confrère of mine would order a pizza and when it was finally delivered to his home, it was still piping hot.

In the winter time, he would place it on the snow bank for it to cool down a bit. Really! Some like it hot, some don't!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 12:23 PM   #8
psalzer

I'm from New York. Pizza is our native food. No Domino's, Pizza Hut or any chain. No personal brick oven fired sun dried gourmet pizza for me either. I'm a very strict pizza traditionalist. In fact maybe I shouldn't even talk about it, because religion is not to be discussed on this forum. A decent NY pizza, either Neopolitan (usually round with thin crust) or occasionally Sicilian (rectangular, thick crust). Toppings can include and should be strictly limited to, onions, meatballs, sausage, mushrooms, pepperoni, olives, anchovies, peppers or any combination of same. I know someone from New Jersey who gets sushi on his pizza, but well..he's from Jersey. He's a good friend, but a pizza heathen. I don't even like the types that have sprung up in the last 20 years that are made with traditional southern Italian food..that doesn't belong on pizza..like chicken parmigiana and baked ziti. Basically, if it wasn't available in NYC in the fifties, it's not pizza to me.

For myself, Neopolitan with anchovies.

Great pizza blog:
http://www.sliceny.com/
psalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2005, 06:46 PM   #9
Edwin
 Administrator 

I had a great pizza yesterday at a new restaurant I hadn't tried before. They have a real stone oven, which is pretty rare for Tokyo. Anyway, I had 4 cheese pizza with spicy pepperoni and smoked ham - delicious!
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Mar 2005, 07:58 PM   #10
dantheman

Thanks for the blog link Psalzer. (Wish people wouldn't put too many pictures in them though, dial-up is a bit slow).
Nice picture of Martha Stewart! Will pick-up on one their recipe tips for pizza on the grill. If that's for real, then we're looking at a new pizza lovers' adventure here!

Boy Edwin! Looks like we'll have to make a detour to Tokyo someday for a dynamite pizza! Yum!
Old 7 Mar 2005, 08:32 PM   #11
Gankaku

Quote:
Originally posted by psalzer
In fact maybe I shouldn't even talk about it, because religion is not to be discussed on this forum.
In my hometown in Ohio, we have a high concentration of Italian and Greek folk. There's a pizza shop there that is ONLY there, not a chain. The 'za is wonderful. I wish they'd deliver to Virginia...haa.

Wow, now you guys got me dreaming about home. Italian pizza shops and pasta restaurants (mmmm...homemade gnocci) and homemade pitzels. Aww....why'd you have to start this thread, Storm?
Old 7 Mar 2005, 09:53 PM   #12
dantheman

Quote:
Originally posted by Gankaku
... Aww....why'd you have to start this thread, Storm?
'cause pizza is alike amore, it's universal!
Old 8 Mar 2005, 12:29 AM   #13
DBH

My ideal pizza is a thin, crispy crust white pizza with garlic, cheese, broccoli and mushrooms...man, is it lunch time yet??
DBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2005, 01:27 AM   #14
Chipper
Master of the @

One of my favorites is Jerry's Subs & Pizza — a simple plain ole pizza. A couple years ago they used to have Xtra 104 night (which was the oldies station at the time) and you would write "Xtra 104" on a piece of paper and this was your "coupon" to get a small pizza for $1.04.

One time I heard a talk radio show where the topic was "Pizza" and people called in all sorts of interesting stuff about pizza. For example, one person said they put pickles on pizza because the combination of the tomato sauce and the tangy/tart taste of the pickles was a great combination. It sounded like it would be good, but I didn't care for it. (Although I do like to eat chocolate ice cream and orange sherbert together — I like the combination of the sweet of the chocolate and the tart of the orange sherbet.)

Anyway, this topic is about pizza, so let me not hijack the thread and get us sidetracked: A couple people chimed in about greasy pizza — there is a mini-chain (at least I think it's only local) called Ledo's — I can't eat it because afterward it feels as if somebody is sticking pins into my stomach.

Last edited by Chipper : 8 Mar 2005 at 01:33 AM.
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Mar 2005, 01:29 AM   #15
Gankaku

Quote:
Xtra 104 night (which was the oldies station at the time) and you would write "Xtra 104" on a piece of paper and this was your "coupon" to get a small pizza for $1.04.
HEY I remember Xtra 104...I didn't know they had this coupon deal....OOhhhh woe.... all those $1.04 pizzas I've missed (I hope you made up for my loss Chipper...)

I know Ledo's too. Not my favorite.