EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 30 Jan 2024, 02:28 PM   #1
aqeeliz

Whitelisting all contacts

Hi,

I had a setting enabled that whitelisted all contacts in my address book. But now I have noticed some of those emails are going to Spam folder, and I can't find that setting anywhere.

Is the setting removed? Or am I just missing something?

Thanks.
aqeeliz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31 Jan 2024, 04:21 AM   #2
Bamb0
Master of the @

Hmmmmmm,

Have you tried moving those emails to inbox? (The addresses should be auto whitelisted (At least on Yahoo))

Good luck!
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Jan 2024, 05:15 AM   #3
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

First, I want to point out that the behavior of Yahoo email has nothing to do with Fastmail.

Fastmail builds up a spam score based on several indicators. You can see how this works by viewing the full headers by using Actions>Show raw message on a particular message. If the “X-Spam-known-sender” header value is “yes”, the sender email address was found in your online Fastmail address book, and in general that message should not end up in your Spam filter unless you have a rule which forces this. See more at:
Whitelisting addresses

Read more about Fastmail spam filtering process and changes you can make at:
Improving spam protection
As you can see at that help article, you can change your spam protection level.

If a message improperly ends up in your Spam folder, you should mark that message as “Not spam” using the tool at the top of the screen. That message will be removed from your Spam folder, marked as not-spam, and be refilled in your Inbox.

You should look at those desired messages that end up in your Spam folder. View the raw message to see the “X-Spam-known-sender” header. It’s possible that the actual email address of that sender isn’t in your address book. What matters is the email address, not the visible human name.

Bill

Last edited by n5bb : 31 Jan 2024 at 05:20 AM.
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote