EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > About this site...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

About this site... Do you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments about this site? Post them here...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 6 Nov 2013, 06:25 PM   #31
B4its2L8
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hiding under my bed
Posts: 1,465
I like the new color of the quoted text. Not stark white as before, but not quite so dark as Edwin's first color choice.
B4its2L8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2013, 02:43 AM   #32
popowich
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 260

Representative of:
EmailQuestions.com
For logged in members, have you considered removing the header?

By that I mean everything that currently has the tan background at the top of the site.
popowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2013, 05:52 AM   #33
ozar
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 133
The new colors are looking very good from where I sit... so, thanks!
ozar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2013, 09:26 AM   #34
Bamb0
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,538
Yes they pretty much are!!!

Edwin: Did you look at that thread I linked to? (Showing you what i meant by MULTI COLOURED quotes)

I tried like crazy to find one that quoted MORE THAN 2 TIMES so you could see how pretty it is but i figured if you saw 2 of them you would know what I was trying to show ya
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2013, 04:08 PM   #35
Edwin
 Administrator 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by popowich View Post
For logged in members, have you considered removing the header?

By that I mean everything that currently has the tan background at the top of the site.
I'd rather not lose the visual identity, plus it also gives a handy space for the warning message which I think has really helped recently. Provides just the right "nudge" when emotions run high because of some problem or other.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2013, 04:09 PM   #36
Edwin
 Administrator 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamb0 View Post
Yes they pretty much are!!!

Edwin: Did you look at that thread I linked to? (Showing you what i meant by MULTI COLOURED quotes)

I tried like crazy to find one that quoted MORE THAN 2 TIMES so you could see how pretty it is but i figured if you saw 2 of them you would know what I was trying to show ya
Looked into that, but the way the code for the quotes is generated you end up with the same "style" element around each nested layer, so there's nothing to distinguish a quote from a quote-inside-a-quote i.e. nothing that can be independently restyled. I'm sure anything is possible with a vBulletin "hack", but as I've mentioned many times I don't like installing those except when absolutely unavoidable (e.g. spam blocking features)
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Nov 2013, 05:03 PM   #37
Bamb0
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,538
Yes I do understand that!!!!!! (Alot of times HACKS can cause all kinds of problems)

I wonder how IPB does it? (Or DID it I should say (Its sad they got rid of it in thier 3.x releases))
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Nov 2013, 02:06 PM   #38
David
Ultimate Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Canada.
Posts: 10,355
The forum (new layout and colours) looks really superb. Thank you Edwin, you did us proud, for sure
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2013, 02:51 PM   #39
radtux
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 144
Thumbs up

Perfect! Even though the vBulletin remains the same but its good to have a refreshed change and look! Good!
radtux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2013, 08:53 PM   #40
jdtaylor
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 1,624
I believe some forums you can actually let people choose a - theme such as a different colour scheme dependign on what they want the forum to look to members, I don't know if this is something that's been considered but in my opinion some of these changes such as the message composition box makes it a little harder to read the black text.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2013, 12:25 AM   #41
Edwin
 Administrator 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtaylor View Post
I believe some forums you can actually let people choose a - theme such as a different colour scheme dependign on what they want the forum to look to members, I don't know if this is something that's been considered but in my opinion some of these changes such as the message composition box makes it a little harder to read the black text.
It has been considered - and rejected. It makes it impossible to make meaningful changes if/when necessary if you have no idea what individual forum members are seeing. It may be a fun touch, but for me it's as unnecessary as avatars, signatures, etc.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2013, 12:59 AM   #42
bramhall
Essential Contributor
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The forum (new layout and colours) looks really superb.
Not to me, too gaudy for my taste. OTOH I have other (and better) reasons to visit this forum than simply to admire the colour scheme
bramhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2013, 01:09 AM   #43
David
Ultimate Contributor
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Canada.
Posts: 10,355
Quote:
Originally Posted by bramhall View Post
Not to me, too gaudy for my taste. OTOH I have other (and better) reasons to visit this forum than simply to admire the colour scheme
But you still want to comment on it. and take issue, I guess
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2013, 08:34 AM   #44
Bamb0
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 1,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin
It has been considered - and rejected. It makes it impossible to make meaningful changes if/when necessary if you have no idea what individual forum members are seeing. It may be a fun touch, but for me it's as unnecessary as avatars, signatures, etc.
And it CAN slow the loading down having those extra things loading...
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Nov 2013, 08:34 AM   #45
Chipper
Master of the @
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Greenbelt, MD (USA)
Posts: 1,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
It has been considered - and rejected. It makes it impossible to make meaningful changes if/when necessary if you have no idea what individual forum members are seeing. It may be a fun touch, but for me it's as unnecessary as avatars, signatures, etc.
Edwin -- do you consider "hacks" unnecessary?
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 06:34 AM.

 

Copyright EmailDiscussions.com 1998-2013. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy