EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 29 Jun 2003, 07:18 AM   #1
Kyle Babich
Cornerstone of the Community

feature suggestion

I don't know about everyone else but I use the subdomain feature a lot. How about an option on the prefrences screen to automatically reply as whoever the to/cc was set as in the message? That way when you get a message addressed to abcdef@username.fastmail.fm and you reply to it the from/reply-to will automatically be set to that address instead of having to create a personality or use the # trick.

Last edited by Kyle Babich : 29 Jun 2003 at 07:54 AM.
Kyle Babich is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Jun 2003, 07:43 AM   #2
Drencrom
Master of the @

Re: feature suggestion

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyle Babich
I don't know about everyone else but I use the subdomain feature a lot. How about an option on the prefrences screen to automatically reply as whoever the to/cc was set as in the message? That way when you get a message addressed to abcdef@username.fastmail.fm when you reply to it the from/reply-to will automatically be set to that address instead of having to create a personality or use the # trick.
I seem to remember this being suggested before and even having found approval from either R or J.
Drencrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2003, 07:44 AM   #3
aussieboykie
Essential Contributor

I am 100% with you on this one. I use the subdomain feature extensively to deal with suppliers and to register for things electronically. It largely preserves my anonymity and gives me fine control over any consequential SPAM.

This "nice to have" request is unlikely to make it to the top of the enhancements list in the near future but in the meantime it's easy enough to cut and paste from the inbound To: to the outbound From: using the wonderfully convenient # technique in the From: address.

Cheers, AB
aussieboykie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jun 2003, 07:31 PM   #4
JeffK

I like this idea too.

Jeff K
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jun 2003, 01:49 AM   #5
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

This is actually the same topic as a current thread.

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...threadid=13983
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote