EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 14 Jul 2021, 01:11 AM   #1
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Fastmail - Digital Citizen

Fastmail on Twitter, getting all excited about Digital Citizen.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 14 Jul 2021, 03:37 AM   #2
TenFour
Master of the @

It is irrelevant, but I hate podcasts and refuse to listen to most of them. I can read and skim fast and can usually glean the useful bits from an article in a short amount of time as compared to listening to people drone on and one endlessly about some topic. Plus, I vastly prefer reading to listening. That is one reason I love email as my main communication tool! Have no idea what this Digital Citizen stuff is all about.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jul 2021, 06:45 AM   #3
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Wikipedia says
Quote:
digital citizens are "those who use the internet regularly and effectively."
The full article is here. I have no idea whether the podcast is about the same thing.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jul 2021, 03:55 PM   #4
NumberSix
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
It is irrelevant, but I hate podcasts and refuse to listen to most of them. I can read and skim fast and can usually glean the useful bits from an article in a short amount of time as compared to listening to people drone on and one endlessly about some topic. Plus, I vastly prefer reading to listening. That is one reason I love email as my main communication tool! Have no idea what this Digital Citizen stuff is all about.
Lol, I really agree with you. I have trouble with podcasts because it takes so LOOONG to listen to people talk about something that you're not sure, in the end, will have been worth spending the time on. And then, either you sit there and listen intently, or you try to listen while doing something else, like working. If I'm working, my attention strays from the podcast, and then they say something that sounds interesting, and I have to rewind it. Sometimes going through that process over and over during the cast. Bah. Forget it. Listening is good while driving or riding transit, if you have a long commute, but I don't have that.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote