Go Back > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Thread Tools
Old 21 Feb 2024, 03:11 PM   #1
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2024
Posts: 1
How to not get flagged by oligopoly of email providers?

I have a non-profit that wants to send emails. How do you submit request to big email providers that they do not block your domain? I want to set up a small server because its astronomically cheaper than AWS SES (which is the cheapest option).

Thanks guys
josewilliam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Feb 2024, 09:48 PM   #2
The "e" in e-mail
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: EU
Posts: 4,941
Originally Posted by josewilliam View Post
How do you submit request to big email providers that they do not block your domain?
Such requests will be ignored.
Have you considered using a reputable provider of mailing list distribution? For example or many alternatives.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2024, 10:03 PM   #3
Master of the @
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: USA
Posts: 1,718
If you are sending out thousands of emails you should just subscribe to Mailchimp or Constant Contact and deal with the pricing. I used to work for another company that specialized in emails for nonprofit associations and we had fulltime people that worked on maintaining our ability to send and be received. All it takes to get blocked is for a few people receiving your email to report you as spam, plus there are many other problems. Google is tightening up their enforcement of standards for mass emails, and will start rejecting lots of emails in April:
Google has also confirmed that, from April, it will “start rejecting a percentage of non-compliant email traffic, and we’ll gradually increase the rejection rate.” Google says that, for example, if 75% of the traffic meets the new email sender authentication guidelines, then “a percentage” of the remaining non-compliant 25% will be rejected. It isn’t yet clear what that percentage will be. Google does say that when it comes to enforcement of the new rules, it will be “gradual and progressive.”
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Feb 2024, 10:57 PM   #4
Cornerstone of the Community
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rupert, WV
Posts: 879
Whether you want to and/or can DIY, or you have the financial ability to pay another for the service, here's a suggestion. I've used this project before, and will again if I ever have the need to. dada mail at DuckDuckGo

- Bruce
somdcomputerguy is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT +9. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Copyright 1998-2022. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy