EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Closed Thread

Old 17 Feb 2009, 04:04 AM   #31
lgnki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
I don't see how anyone could move to Google Apps when their free option only allows 50users.
You can request an increased amount, you just have to tell them why, I have 100.
Old 17 Feb 2009, 03:58 PM   #32
trdr

Go to Court

Why are we not going to Court fo filing case against everone.net ?
Old 17 Feb 2009, 04:29 PM   #33
Sherry

Moderator:

trdr, please avoid all legal discussions as they are against the Forum RULES. Thank you.

And Welcome to the EMD Forums
Old 18 Feb 2009, 07:24 AM   #34
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
What do you think the chances of everyone.net decide to drop everyone who is using free hosting?
Something else I thought about... everyone.net might be testing the waters to see if ending the free service will actually increase the paid signups... I did not think about that until I logged into my everyone.net account today. lol...
Old 26 Feb 2009, 06:47 AM   #35
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally Posted by theog View Post
Something else I thought about... everyone.net might be testing the waters to see if ending the free service will actually increase the paid signups... I did not think about that until I logged into my everyone.net account today. lol...
I definitely see a rise in the number of subscribers...

If the same happens across the board, we might never see a "free" service from everyone.net again... they would have no reason.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 02:00 AM   #36
Computermail.net

Representative of:
Computermail.net
Quote:
On the sign up page, there isn't any mention of any free sign up. From any other everyone.net sign up, click on the premium sign up it would be the same page that pops up. So unless you are speaking up for Computermail.net, I do not see any reason to believe that sign up link is a free sign up page.

I can speak for Computermail.net on this issue.

Computermail.net still offers free email. We do not have pop-ups or redirects or auto-install .exe ads.

As I have said before, Computermail.net is not a typical Everyone.net partner. We pay for every mailbox, we maintain control over them. As has also been mentioned before, our partnership with Everyone.net is atypical, and we take great pride in our ability to keep our service child-safe, and profitable at the same time. By being a family owned and operated service, we keep our costs down. 3 generations of the family are involved with Computermail.net and bring experience plus enthusiasm to the task.

We will not sell-out, no matter what the economic climate. Computermail.net has enough cash reserves to keep the service going for many years, even in the event of complete loss of income. We are not in danger of going away, or being forced to make unpopular decisions effecting our subscribers in order to shore up a temporary income deficit.
Old 4 Mar 2009, 02:58 AM   #37
mf1941
Essential Contributor

Computermail is a great service & would be even better if there was an ad-free version available for a nominal fee to remove all the irritating ads/noises created by the web interface.

Fastmail is offering this option now for around $5 a year,
Old 4 Mar 2009, 07:41 PM   #38
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computermail.net View Post
I can speak for Computermail.net on this issue.

Computermail.net still offers free email. We do not have pop-ups or redirects or auto-install .exe ads.

As I have said before, Computermail.net is not a typical Everyone.net partner. We pay for every mailbox, we maintain control over them. As has also been mentioned before, our partnership with Everyone.net is atypical, and we take great pride in our ability to keep our service child-safe, and profitable at the same time. By being a family owned and operated service, we keep our costs down. 3 generations of the family are involved with Computermail.net and bring experience plus enthusiasm to the task.

We will not sell-out, no matter what the economic climate. Computermail.net has enough cash reserves to keep the service going for many years, even in the event of complete loss of income. We are not in danger of going away, or being forced to make unpopular decisions effecting our subscribers in order to shore up a temporary income deficit.
ROFL.... Funny stuff... on so many levels... but I'll let it be... lol
Old 4 Mar 2009, 07:42 PM   #39
theog
= Permanently banned =

I did not post the first email, terminating the free service... but this is the second email turning free signups on again....

=========================
Dear XXXXXX,

Everyone.net is happy to announce that we've re-enabled new sign-ups for our free accounts. As mentioned previously, we had an issue in which spammers abused our free service and we had to temporarily turn off free sign ups.

Our engineering team was able to resolve the issue so we've resume offering our free service to your community. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this time. We appreciate your partnership with Everyone.net and endeavor to provide you with excellent service.

Sincerely,
Everyone.net Customer Service

Rats... looks like no grand conspiracy... how boring....
Old 5 Mar 2009, 01:15 AM   #40
ReuvenNY

Moderator's comment

theog, there is nothing funny in Computermail.net's posting. Please refrain from posting derogatory comments about members.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 07:02 AM   #41
theog
= Permanently banned =

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReuvenNY View Post
theog, there is nothing funny in Computermail.net's posting. Please refrain from posting derogatory comments about members.
Derogatory? Please look up that term....

Let me see... someone posts about their money being ever flowing and you don't find that funny?

Sorry... but if you want to take this public, go right ahead, big shot.

You are a joke...
Old 5 Mar 2009, 11:17 AM   #42
Killer
Intergalactic Postmaster

Representative of:
Killer.kkk.sg
Quote:
Originally Posted by theog View Post
I did not post the first email, terminating the free service... but this is the second email turning free signups on again....

Dear XXXXXX,

Everyone.net is happy to announce that we've re-enabled new sign-ups for our free accounts. As mentioned previously, we had an issue in which spammers abused our free service and we had to temporarily turn off free sign ups.

Our engineering team was able to resolve the issue so we've resume offering our free service to your community. We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you. Thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this time. We appreciate your partnership with Everyone.net and endeavor to provide you with excellent service.

Sincerely,
Everyone.net Customer Service

Rats... looks like no grand conspiracy... how boring....

Looks like a closure for this thread. Free signup is back. Had checked on my service and it is there.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 12:53 PM   #43
Shelded

Theog is banned

Moderator: In case anyone wondered if we moderators have any spine around here, we do. Don't break the rules. We may not have banned anyone with as many posts, even positive posts, as Theog, but recently Theog pretty much pushed the "Ban me" button so many times it broke. This small infraction is just the last poke. I'm pleased to clear the air a bit.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 02:44 PM   #44
Edwin
 Administrator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelded View Post
Moderator: In case anyone wondered if we moderators have any spine around here, we do. Don't break the rules. We may not have banned anyone with as many posts, even positive posts, as Theog, but recently Theog pretty much pushed the "Ban me" button so many times it broke. This small infraction is just the last poke. I'm pleased to clear the air a bit.
Thanks for taking care of that, Shelded. Saved me having to reach for the "Ban" button myself.

Quick reminder, from the Rules of the Forum...

Quote:
B) Moderation decisions are FINAL. If a post has been edited or deleted, a thread locked, a member or service banned etc., that particular issue is closed. Do not post to debate moderator action or to second-guess potential moderator action.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 08:47 PM   #45
ReuvenNY

Moderator's comment

As Killer pointed above, everyone.net is again accepting sign ups for free accounts. This thread has ran it's course and is being closed.
Closed Thread