EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 20 Apr 2024, 04:25 PM   #1
Outofthebox12

Help - Recipient address rejected:

Hi there,

I'm not a technical person but would welcome your thoughts on the below problem.

I'm trying to send query emails to key people in a high profile organisation.

I've figured out how to contact people by sourcing the person's name and I've figured out the email formatting of the company e.g. NAME.LAST NAME@COMPANY.COM

I can get through to some people okay but there's a couple of people I get this message:

reason: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied.

Whether the emails get through or bounce back I always get 'EXTERNAL SENDER' noted in the email.

My question is this, does this mean the email simply does not exist?

Or is this an anti spam tool and is there anyway around it?

I'm sending from a hotmail address and there's no links or attachments in the email.

I've also tried sending from a gmail address and get the same issue.

I'm wondering if this is some sort of anti spam issue.

If so I would love some tips on how to by pass it if possible.

The people who I'm trying to contact do work at the company and I know the email formatting is correct, as I'm getting through to other people.

So unless they have a unique email or have left the company, I'm not sure what's causing the problem.

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated!
Outofthebox12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 20 Apr 2024, 05:33 PM   #2
Avion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthebox12 View Post
The people who I'm trying to contact do work at the company and I know the email formatting is correct, as I'm getting through to other people.
If, as you say, you are 'getting through to other people' at the company, why not ask them?

What reason would you have not to ask them?
Avion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2024, 07:24 PM   #3
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outofthebox12 View Post
Or is this an anti spam tool and is there anyway around it?
It's not an anti spam tool since it blocks all mail from external senders (to particular addresses), not just mail that is identified as probably bulk unsolicited commercial offers.
I guess that some addresses are configured to only receive email from internal senders, or internal senders + whitelisted external senders.
So if you want to reach the CEO of the company you should probably send email to the CEO's secretary, and it will be forwarded to the CEO if the secretary decides to forward it, or to someone else if the secretary decides they're the one to deal with it, or it would be discarded if the secretary decides the company has no time to spare for you.
Companies often have contact forms on their websites that send requests from the public to someone whose job is to respond to such requests.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Apr 2024, 10:19 PM   #4
TenFour
Master of the @

Hi-level people in major organizations often don't receive emails directly through the normal system--they might not even have a company email address. The large organizations don't want their top folks getting cold emails from random people. Chances are they have an assistant who handles all messages via some sort of internal system that funnels them up from lower downs in the company, but there might not be any direct way to reach the person via email.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Apr 2024, 06:10 AM   #5
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I you want a big corporation to read what you send you should fax them.
If you use fax they assume you also have a lawyer.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote