EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 10 Nov 2013, 03:31 AM   #1
pequod

Email hosting solution - Small Company

Hi,

I run a small company with 4 employees now and will grow to 6-7 soon.

We are using the email hosting service that came free with our shared web hosting account. But I am looking for an email host to ensure that it stays always on even when our shared host has some downtime.

I don't really need calendar and other services but they are good to have.

My budget is about $10-20 per month.

I see good reviews about Polarismail, eumx, runbox etc but their pricing pages are not exactly friendly for people new to email hosting.

Can you guys help me zero in a good provider ?

Thanks
pequod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10 Nov 2013, 04:25 AM   #2
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by pequod View Post
Hi,

We are using the email hosting service that came free with our shared web hosting account. But I am looking for an email host to ensure that it stays always on even when our shared host has some downtime.

I see good reviews about Polarismail, eumx, runbox etc but their pricing pages are not exactly friendly for people new to email hosting.

Thanks
Could you be more specific? What are your needs? What are your expectations from an e-mail provider? Large storage, Active Sync, any other specific features?
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2013, 04:34 AM   #3
ioneja

This forum is filled with great advice -- if you haven't already done so, I recommend searching through the many threads that discuss this issue. Also, starting a new thread about it is good too, since your specific needs will be different than other people's needs!

To add to soromak's questions, please let us know more details about what matters to you... there are email providers that fit a lot of different profiles. Also let us know needs about privacy policies, etc.... Some providers have better track records than others.

Also, let us know if you care what country your email is hosted in... nowadays that actually can make a difference.

Also let us know what compliance needs -- if any -- you might have. The health care industry has specific standards in the US, for example. Or maybe you need certain retention/archive features?

Also clarify on cost -- is that $10-20 per person per month or $10-20 TOTAL per month. Email prices range all over the place.

Finally, let us know how much you value customer service. Some providers have exceptional customer service, but they may cost more than others...
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2013, 11:53 AM   #4
cptlo306
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Office 365 Exchange Online for $4/user/month. 50GB mailbox, true Exchange.

or

Rackspace Mail (not their Exchange hosting) for $2/user/month. 25GB mailbox. Activesync available for $1/user/month.

Last edited by cptlo306 : 10 Nov 2013 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Added Rackspace.
cptlo306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 Nov 2013, 08:15 PM   #5
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
May give a try on Mail.ru or Yandex.ru? they are free, work just fine, with webmail/pop3/imap/smtp avaiable.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2013, 06:40 AM   #6
jdtaylor
Master of the @

Do you need exchange activesync access?

Something like eumx.net might offer this otherwise have a look at outlook.com email hosting options, as they do offer this for free and use of exchange activesync which allows syncing of the calender with the server and mobiles such as iphones for free.
jdtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2013, 04:32 PM   #7
George_B

Representative of:
PolarisMail.com
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
At 7 employees you should be well within your budget of 20$/month, even 10$/month.
George_B is offline   Reply With Quote