EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 16 Feb 2017, 01:59 AM   #76
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Well, you can do as you please but my suggestion is a big:

- Do not use EuMX as your main account.

Seriously, don't.
I used them (for a few years) about 6 years ago, with no problems. Why would I not use them, I am wondering.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2017, 06:29 AM   #77
David
Ultimate Contributor

The new EuMX looks very nice. I just logged in to Webmail for the first time. A lot of stuff is all new to me, which is to be expected, I guess.

Thank You Rudolf.
Old 16 Feb 2017, 08:46 AM   #78
thebull
Essential Contributor

Question How is it compared to the others and the old one

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The new EuMX looks very nice. I just logged in to Webmail for the first time. A lot of stuff is all new to me, which is to be expected, I guess.

Thank You Rudolf.
Hi Rudolf,
How is it compared to Roundcube?
I would really like to know as I have been using it since the closing of the Open Web Mail?
And compared to Open Web Mail?
In other words more explicit details please!
thebull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2017, 09:05 AM   #79
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebull View Post
Hi Rudolf,
I would really like to know as I have been using it since the closing of the Open Web Mail?
And compared to Open Web Mail?
In other words more explicit details please!
I have just logged in, to: ssl.eumx.net/webmail - but have no clue what I am using it has been seven years since I have used EuMX.
Old 16 Feb 2017, 09:09 AM   #80
Webgenie

I think that is AfterLogic, which I tried awhile back and I like the looks of it.
Webgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2017, 11:11 AM   #81
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webgenie View Post
I think that is AfterLogic, which I tried awhile back and I like the looks of it.
So do I, Webgenie: good job. Time will tell - I guess.
Old 16 Feb 2017, 05:24 PM   #82
soromak
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Well, you can do as you please but my suggestion is a big:

- Do not use EuMX as your main account.

Seriously, don't.
Using it for a number of years together with my wife and except 2-3 issues observed when the connectivity to their datacentre was lost never had any issues. Agree it has less bells and whistles, but I use it mainly with my mobile and desktop clients, not a heavy user of webmail.
soromak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2017, 06:14 PM   #83
edu

I agree that they should do something to the website, it gives the impression that they are not in the business anymore And I think: if they leave the website like that, what will they do with the bugs, updates...?. Now the email service works great but who knows...
edu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Feb 2017, 11:59 PM   #84
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebull View Post
I would really like to know as I have been using it since the closing of the Open Web Mail?:
You can see the comparison yourself: from the eumx.net page you can log into your account using any of the 5 available interfaces.
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2017, 10:46 AM   #85
sflorack
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by edu View Post
I agree that they should do something to the website, it gives the impression that they are not in the business anymore And I think: if they leave the website like that, what will they do with the bugs, updates...?
Exactly. First red flag is the abandoned website, the second is the fact that they aren't accepting new paid users (i.e. money).

The optimistic side of me wants to believe that they're pausing subscriptions while getting things ready for the additional load. The realistic side feels that EuMX is a side business. If the paid accounts can pay the bills, maybe they're just not interested in turning a profit..?
sflorack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Feb 2017, 12:13 PM   #86
David
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflorack View Post
Exactly. First red flag is the abandoned website, the second is the fact that they aren't accepting new paid users (i.e. money).

The realistic side feels that EuMX is a side business.
I am not concerned about the website, which has always been a mess. Their technical skills though (in regard to email) have always been top notch.

My new account is working well - they gave it me for free.
Old 17 Feb 2017, 12:19 PM   #87
Webgenie

I've used my eumx account for years, and it has worked perfectly. I rarely use webmail unless it is to change a setting. I've contacted support only once over a number of years, and got a quick response/service. I really like having a foreign account, and eumx rates high with me.
Webgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2017, 06:03 PM   #88
17pm

As far as I know, EuMX is a 1-man deal.

I asked Rudolf several times and he said it's not only him, but I'm not entirely sure he was telling the truth. I've never seen anyone other than him answering questions. Not via email nor via forums. There's perhaps more, but if Rudolf became unavailable, do you think the other guys would care about EuMX? I'm not going to bet my emails and personal data on that.

Also, why is eumx not defaulting to https?

It's very clear that eumx is a side/hobby project. If you've no problem in having your emails and personal data in such a project, then by all means, use it. I see no reason to use EuMX with all the alternatives out there (more professional alternatives).
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2017, 09:59 PM   #89
communicant

What happened to the forwarding option now that OWM is gone?

Before OWM was decommissioned, I had set a forwarding address, which OWM permitted. Now that OWM is gone, I see no such option in Horde (which is the only remaining EuMX webmail interface that I can use). Am I missing something? Can anyone else find an option in Horde settings to forward copies of incoming mail? If not, then how can I change or disable that option, now that OWM is gone? The forwarding address that I set in OWM is still functional, but I see no way to turn it off or update it. I will ask Fabule in due course, but I thought it might be quicker to ask the forum first.
communicant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Apr 2017, 11:03 PM   #90
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by communicant View Post
Before OWM was decommissioned, I had set a forwarding address, which OWM permitted. Now that OWM is gone, I see no such option in Horde.[....] Am I missing something? .
Yes, you are....
For outgoing messages: Settings (cogwheel icon) => Preferences => Mail => Personal Information => scroll down to Addresses to BCC all messages:
For incoming messages: Mail => Filter => Forward
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote