EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 31 Jul 2011, 01:13 AM   #1
viper383

Windows Live Mail Repair

When I recieve an e-mail via Windows Live Mail that has an attachment such as *.doc or *.pdf I cannot open the attachment. If I download the attachment to a flash drive, then open word or powerpoint the file will open. I tried to reinstall Office 2010, but it would not accept my product key.

Can someone tell me how can I troubleshoot and fix Live Mail?
viper383 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 31 Jul 2011, 04:59 PM   #2
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Have you tried installing Open Office for .doc files, and Adobe reader (which is what most people use) for .pdf files? Both these are free (except of course for whatever it costs you in data allowance to download them), and it might help you see if they fix your problem. If they do, you will know that the problem is with your faulty Office installation, not with the download as such.
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Aug 2011, 09:14 PM   #3
Adrian Bell
Cornerstone of the Community

You mention .doc and .pdf files, both of which are opened by separate applications. This would suggest that the problem is with Live Mail, not Office. However you then on talk about Powerpoint, the files of which would be .ppt.

Did you mean to say .pdf, or.ppt? What actually happens when you try to open files from Live Mail? What about other files such as. jpg or .txt?

It might be worth trying the suggestion at the bottom of this page:-
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...-ee9f364e6b0e/
Adrian Bell is offline   Reply With Quote