EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 16 Mar 2016, 10:28 PM   #1
Random832

Feature request - conversation view

I would like a way to either quickly switch conversation view on and off with a single click or menu item rather than going through the settings window, or have it as a per-folder setting.
Random832 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17 Mar 2016, 02:32 AM   #2
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

My suggestion would be to find a macro recorder extension for your browser that can achieve what you want. I think you will have a long wait for Fastmail to implement it, though I agree it would be useful.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2023, 11:49 AM   #3
elvey
The "e" in e-mail

conversation view keyboard shortcut

I am also looking for this feature - that is - a conversation view keyboard shortcut

I just looked through the shortcut documentation at

https://www.fastmail.help/hc/en-us/a...s/360058753534

and can't find it.

I'm looking for an email and I can't find it by a content search because it is in a conversation and it's not showing up under the date as the list only shows the latest date in the conversation.

(I know, I'm reviving an ancient thread. Seems appropriate, as the feature still doesn't exist.)
elvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Dec 2023, 11:53 PM   #4
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvey View Post
...(I know, I'm reviving an ancient thread. Seems appropriate, as the feature still doesn't exist.)
It's not a really old thread. Only 7 years old. we're used to 20+ years old threads being revived...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
... I think you will have a long wait for Fastmail to implement it, ...
Perhaps now with the quick settings icon in each screen, that's supposed to be somewhat context sensitive, it would be easy for them to add the ability for fast switching between message and conversation modes through the quick settings, like thy allow fast switching between folders and labels view in the quick settings.
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote