EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 3 Nov 2009, 02:35 AM   #16
nooby
Essential Contributor

Thanks to all providing info and suggesting what they have experience of.

I have tested phlog.net which if for pictures via mobile if I get it.

I am too lazy to keep it going so I can neither recommend or say anything about it.

While my Blogger / Blogspot seems to not make my blog be seen by google search.
Maybe I do something wrong in the setting. I told it I wanted it to be published.

I guess I will use Blogger/blogspot. I have combined it with google groups and hope that will be a cool thing.

Sadly I am too lazy to really take care of such things but I wanted to test an interesting thing I found on the net. Most likely nothing will come out of it.

Maybe I test the other blogs too just to see how they works.

Tsunami, does your blog get high up in the search on google?

Maybe one have to wait some days or weeks.

I've also tried out blogdrive.com and they reach google search which is what want.
I find it to be an odd experience, can not recommend it at all.

What I don't like about blogdrive at all is that many other blogs seems to come up even before my entry but referring to my blog. 3 to 5 blogs comes up with my words in the google search. Very odd behavior. I have not dared to look at those blogs because they had words that looked as spam to me.

Does any of you know about blogdrive. What could it be I saw?

**** Here is why I don't recommend the service Blogdrive. *****

Blogdrive seems have spam or scam or bad blogs that they shut down again and again and one of these came up as number five on google search and it has my text on it under another blog name but if one click on it then my text doesn't show but but the first one read is Blogdrive warning about rule violation and that the owner should contact the admin.

That is not a good advertizing of my text or what my blog is about.

Everybody reading it must think that I was the one breaking the rules so until they fix these abuses of their system I prefer to shut down my blog and only open it when they have fixed it.

If that goes on then blogdrive is not a good service.

I guess these bad blogs has a script that copy every new entry to expose their spam as much as possible. Wonder why blogdrive doesn't delete they entirely instead of just give a warning.

Maybe they are few employee and are totally overloaded with spam?

To complain one had to send Ticket.
Quote:
Submit a trouble ticket
Very elaborated so I deleted the blog instead. Now I only have to learn how to get blogspot to be high up.

Last edited by nooby : 3 Nov 2009 at 03:20 AM.
nooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Nov 2009, 02:47 AM   #17
janusz
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooby View Post
What I don't like about blogdrive at all is that many other blogs seems to come up even before my entry but referring to my blog. [...] Tsunami, does your blog get high up in the search on google?
Maybe one have to wait some days or weeks. The odd thing was that my blogdrive blog came up instantly and my blogspot didn't come up at all.
Location in Google may or may not matter. One of your ideas was
Quote:
But it is a very practical way to send friends a Hello from a travel diary showing what one are up to. My relatives would like it.
Do you really care whether your Hello from Upper Ruritania is in the top ten blogging sites?
janusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Nov 2009, 02:51 AM   #18
kchess79
Master of the @

I have three Blogger blogs tied to my one Google account. They don't seem to have a problem with multiple accounts - on the dashboard, there's an option to make a new one no matter how many you already have.
kchess79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Nov 2009, 02:54 AM   #19
nooby
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
One Blogger account = one Google account. And there is no rule against having more than one instance of the latter...
Yes I have to log in using a google account. But blogger allow me to have

blogname1 at blogspot dot com
blogname2 at blogspot dot com
blogname3 at blogspot dot com

on same google account as I get it.

Not sure though.
Old 3 Nov 2009, 03:00 AM   #20
nooby
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by janusz View Post
Location in Google may or may not matter. One of your ideas was Do you really care whether your Hello from Upper Ruritania is in the top ten blogging sites?
That was a personal blog only for relative.

But the one I talk about now is supposed to test if a word has any appeal and world wide so that one is important to come up on first page.

It is just an innocent test of a cool little word. There is no money or prestige or pride involved or such. Just to reach as many as possible to see if the word works for them too as it did for me.

But rules on EMD don't allow me to link to it. No religion the rules say.

So don't ask me to tell about it here
Old 5 Nov 2009, 01:47 AM   #21
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
You can always share the URL of any political/religious/society-criticising blog via PM to those users interested in such topics (and that would include me, at least if this blog is intended to be read by anyone and not just by your friends and family)

As for my own blog in Google searches... I have no idea to be honest. I never really tried to google my own blog to see how high in the results it comes up. What I did experience is that even forum topics on a board like this can come up on the first page if you use some words that are uncommon. I even had it a few times that while searching for info on a specific topic, forum posts of my own (on various message boards) came up in the first page of the results ... But I never really tried to search my own blog on Google. I must add it is dormant as in: the last post is well over half a year old. But thatīs the nice thing of Blogspot: no expiration of inactive blogs, so you can pick up blogging habits whenever you want, no matter how long youīve been inactive.

To those who state that itīs allowed to create multiple blogs on Blogspot: is it actually in the rules clearly written or is multiple accounts something that they turn a blind eye to but which is not strictly in accordance with the rules? Because no matter how few blogs would be deleted in case itīs not according to the rules, it would still be quite a frustrating experience if your blog happens to be amongst that tiny minority ...

PS: nobody seems to recommend Livejournal anymore when blogs are discussed these days... I remember several years ago, when I was new to the internet, Livejournal was the big thing and several of my friends had a very active one. Now I rarely hear people talk about the service, let alone run a blog. Was this a hype that came to an end, just like Iīm sure someday MySpace and Twitter and Facebook will have dropped in popularity or overshadowed by a new hype?
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2009, 03:31 AM   #22
nooby
Essential Contributor

Since last time I wrote I can confirm that something is very wrong with blogdrive.

The surprising thing is that my blog on both blogdrive and blogspot has same theme and username and but only the blogdrive on show up on google while blogspot doesn't despite that being a google service.

And the blogdrive still have what I think is spam with the warning from the Admin that the owner should contact them. And it is not my text there. The spammers have taken over it so it is sad indeed. I will try to erase the whole thing and hopefully that would end the spam showing up with my name.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 07:47 PM   #23
marc_otten
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister View Post
Are you speaking from experience?Regardless I find www.xanga.com much easier to work with .If your experience is different,great,but I have no interest in arguing the point with you,OK.
In fact I AM speaking from experience. And I have no intereset in arguing as well - I wanted to share all possible information with nooby, that's all.
marc_otten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2009, 08:29 PM   #24
nooby
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc_otten View Post
In fact I AM speaking from experience. And I have no intereset in arguing as well - I wanted to share all possible information with nooby, that's all.
Marc that is why I appreciate your help.

What I wonder is. If I already use Blogger/Blogspot and then also make use Xanga and Posterous blog too and same theme in all three.

Could not Google see that is trying to get high up by linking between own blogs and them see that as cheating. My gut feelings is that Blogger prefer that one only make use of their blog.

Xanga is very easy to remember to tell people. Posterous is so much Latin that I have failed to remember its name no several times. Had to look it up here in the tread every time I wanted to tell people about it. So that is not a good thing.

Blogdrive. I don't trust them anymore so I deleted my blog there.

Last edited by nooby : 6 Nov 2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 12 Nov 2009, 09:09 PM   #25
marc_otten
Master of the @

Quote:
Marc that is why I appreciate your help.

What I wonder is. If I already use Blogger/Blogspot and then also make use Xanga and Posterous blog too and same theme in all three.

Could not Google see that is trying to get high up by linking between own blogs and them see that as cheating. My gut feelings is that Blogger prefer that one only make use of their blog.
I'm really sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Are you trying to say that Google might detect that your blogs are linking to one another? I think not, but I'm not sure.

Quote:
Xanga is very easy to remember to tell people. Posterous is so much Latin that I have failed to remember its name no several times. Had to look it up here in the tread every time I wanted to tell people about it. So that is not a good thing.
I think you don't understand the way Posterous works. My Posterous-blog can be reached at <USERNAME>.posterous.com. If I 'translate' this to your EMD-username, your blog might very well be found at nooby.posterous.com, nothing complicated about that?!? Links to a specific post are a little more complicated...
Old 12 Nov 2009, 09:24 PM   #26
nooby
Essential Contributor

Thanks!

Okay.

I see your point.

Let us not go into my confusing writing. I did remember xanga but failed to remember posterous every time I wanted to tell somebody about them or to find them on the net.

Just my quirkiness something. No big deal! Let's drop it.

Anyway thanks for your contribution to the thread.
Old 13 Nov 2009, 04:49 AM   #27
marc_otten
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by nooby View Post
Thanks!

Okay.

I see your point.

Let us not go into my confusing writing. I did remember xanga but failed to remember posterous every time I wanted to tell somebody about them or to find them on the net.

Just my quirkiness something. No big deal! Let's drop it.

Anyway thanks for your contribution to the thread.
You're more than welcome. English isn't my native language, so my writing can be confusing as well. Anyway, happy blogging!

Regards,
--Marc