EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 29 Oct 2005, 02:49 PM   #1
jrmelb

Thumbs down Seems to be a bug in Sieve generation

My last desired entry in my sieve is to direct all email with a spam rating >1 to the Junk Mail Folder. This is after my sorting rules which send mail containing various subject strings and from strings to various folders.

However three times now without me editing the sieve directly, but upon adding rules, the last desired entry (spam rating >1) is place just before the rules.

The means the rules are virtually never acted on. Using cut and paste I can move the "spam rating >1" to the end and reverse this. However thereafter I am forced to edit the sieve which is a lot less convenient then entering rules directly.

jrmelb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29 Oct 2005, 03:15 PM   #2
David
Ultimate Contributor

Re: Seems to be a bug in Sieve generation

Quote:
Originally posted by jrmelb

The means the rules are virtually never acted on. Using cut and paste I can move the "spam rating >1" to the end and reverse this. However thereafter I am forced to edit the sieve which is a lot less convenient then entering rules directly.
Yes: It seems that you have a choice, to either edit Sieve manually, or to use rules.

I realised this a long time ago, and decided that I did not want to spend my time editing Sieve manually (as sometimes I wanted to create rules when not at my home machine) so I reverted to using rules only.
David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Oct 2005, 04:37 PM   #3
s a
Master of the @

Re:

Quote:
Originally posted by jrmelb
However three times now without me editing the sieve directly, but upon adding rules, the last desired entry (spam rating >1) is place just before the rules.
This is not a bug. It happens because the options you choose in the "Spam/Virus Protection" screen are implemented prior to the rules you define in the "Define Rules" section.

Solution: Do not use the "Spam/Virus Protection" screen. Instead, for filing of junk email, use the "Define Rules" screen (and assign a number to that rule so it appears at the bottom).

Set "Look in" to Advanced

"For text matching", enter

header :value "ge" :comparator "i;ascii-numeric" ["X-Spam-score"] ["1"]
s a is offline   Reply With Quote