EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 4 Dec 2019, 09:58 AM   #1
yositimy

Amazon OTP emails discarded?

Anyone know off hand if there is a server issue that causes the Amazon OTP email messages to be discarded (One Time Password used to verify a password reset)? We receive amazon messages just fine, but not the OTP type. I don't think we have any discard rules set up besides perhaps the standard fastmail SPAM filter. I was able to have amazon send the OTP message to a spare GoDaddy email account so Amazon appears to be sending them.

I did submit a ticket, thought I'd check in here.

Last edited by yositimy : 4 Dec 2019 at 10:42 PM.
yositimy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5 Dec 2019, 06:22 AM   #2
Folio

I can't really speak to your specific issue, but recently I've noticed several of my email providers discarding verification messages that formerly arrived as expected. Just this week I have updated my whitelists at all of my email providers to include anyone who might possibly send me verification messages.

You may have already tried something like this, but at Fastmail I have a contact I just call White List to which I add all such addresses. In some cases, if I hadn't had old verification messages I would not have known what address to whitelist.
Folio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2021, 03:43 AM   #3
yositimy

Old thread, I know, but it has not been resolved as far as I know. I found something new that may be relevant, however.

It seems the behavior varies with the email alias. I have a few email aliases defined. When I use email aliases like ***@mydomain.com or ***@fastmail.fm, the OTPs get forwarded but when I use aliases like ***@allmail.net or ***@mailbolt.com they are dropped (other routine emails to these addresses get forwarded).

So I must have missed a nuance or two on how certain aliases work, I didn't define any special rules, just forward mails to the alias to my main inbox. My main account has a ***@mailc.net address
yositimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jul 2021, 08:43 PM   #4
JeremyNicoll
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yositimy View Post
Old thread, I know, but it has not been resolved as far as I know. I found something new that may be relevant, however.

It seems the behavior varies with the email alias...
Weird!

You said in an earlier post that you'd submitted a ticket. You didn't say what FM's support people found out. Did they check their logs to find out why they'd rejected/dropped the incoming mails? If they didn't check them, why not?

Did you hit the problem (which I find happens too often) that the first-level support person doesn't understand the issue I'm reporting, or denies there is a problem? I sometimes find I have to argue with them enough for them to realise that there's a nuance they don't quite see so there might be a real problem, and thus pass the issue on to someone more technical...
JeremyNicoll is offline   Reply With Quote