EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 23 May 2021, 05:29 PM   #1
jd854

Question need help: no verification email service

Which email service does not require a phone number or alternative email address to create an email account?

This is to send-receive sporadically a limited amount of emails, maybe 4-5 a month. Most often used for throwaway signups.

My usual go to was cock from OvO systems, but they closed registrations and move to an invite only basis. Feeling orphaned.

Last edited by jd854 : 24 May 2021 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Link removed
jd854 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 24 May 2021, 07:43 PM   #2
jd854

Tutanota allows in theory, in practise: Registration is temporarily blocked for your IP address to avoid abuse. Please try again later or use a different internet connection.
inbox.lv allows in theory, but can't get past the nagging google captcha.

freephonenum in theory is nice for those services requiring phone verification. You may find many/most numbers are alredy associated with phone verification for email.

Yandex is the only one I could get to work.

Any other suggestions please? Thank you!
jd854 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 03:10 AM   #3
emoore
Essential Contributor

I signed up for a 30 day trial inbox.eu account. Providing a cellphone number or a backup email address was optional. I gave it my Fastmail address. No problem using their webmail. I never ran into a captcha.

However, it turns out the trial version disables POP/IMAP/SMTP access unless you either upgrade or provide a cellphone number. Since its only $3/year for a 100GB mailbox I upgraded to a paid version, enabled POP/IMAP/SMTP in the webmail settings and was able to add a IMAP account to Thunderbird. It forces you to use a app password (which it creates for you) instead of your normal password, with a email client.
emoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2021, 04:31 AM   #4
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

If I recall, posteo.de allows it. The price is more than reasonable, and it's an excellent service. But if you are looking for free, I don't know.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2021, 11:49 AM   #5
webecedarian
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd854 View Post
Tutanota allows in theory, in practise: Registration is temporarily blocked for your IP address to avoid abuse. Please try again later or use a different internet connection.
inbox.lv allows in theory, but can't get past the nagging google captcha.

freephonenum in theory is nice for those services requiring phone verification. You may find many/most numbers are alredy associated with phone verification for email.

Yandex is the only one I could get to work.

Any other suggestions please? Thank you!
I just posted about Inbox.lv. No Captcha but it's demanding a telephone.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2021, 03:27 PM   #6
jeffpan
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
tls-mail.com
protonmail doesn't require mobile from what i remembered.
jeffpan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 Jun 2021, 11:14 PM   #7
TenFour
Master of the @

You can remove the phone number and backup email address from a Gmail account once you are signed up.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2021, 01:37 AM   #8
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I wonder what's the rationale in having an entirely separate email account just for using 4-5 times a month. It seems that using a separate email address within an existing email account would be much more convenient (without the hassle of having to login to a separate account just for these few emails).
I use spamgourmet.com for throwaway addresses, but it requires an email address for signup (it's a forwarding service. Doesn't work without a separate address).

Last edited by hadaso : 29 Jun 2021 at 03:22 AM. Reason: spelling
hadaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jun 2021, 03:33 AM   #9
emoore
Essential Contributor

ISPs typically provide a free email account for customers. They might not support plus-addressing in their webmail but their smtp server might support it. In that case you could create throwaway addresses on the fly if you use a email client like Thunderbird. Some smartphone email apps like K-9 don't support doing that on the fly but do support creating additional identities and selecting one of them as the senders address when composing a message.

i.e. if your address is somebody@isp.com and you want to create a throwaway address for communicating with costco you could use costco+somebody@isp.com as your From: address. Any email sent to that address goes to your normal inbox but if you start getting spam from them you can create a filter to block that specific address (or white list just the email addresses you want to work).
emoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jun 2021, 09:36 AM   #10
webecedarian
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
I wonder what's the rational in having an entirely separate email account just for using 4-5 times a month. It seems that using a separate email address within an existing email account would be much more convenient (without the hassle of having to login to a separate account just for these few emails).
I use spamgourmet.com for throwaway addresses, but it requires an email address for signup (it's a forwarding service. Doesn't work without a separate address).
The rationale is clarity - plus, if one address is compromised, it goes down by itself.
webecedarian is offline   Reply With Quote