EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 7 Oct 2021, 04:02 AM   #1
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

email forwarding

I have forgot how to forward all my incoming Fast Mail to another of my email address's Could some kind soul help a bit

Last edited by sheprd : 7 Oct 2021 at 04:07 AM.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7 Oct 2021, 06:18 AM   #2
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
I have forgot how to forward all my incoming Fast Mail to another of my email address's Could some kind soul help a bit
The first thing that comes to mind is maybe to create a filter rule for "all messages".
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Oct 2021, 12:16 PM   #3
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Go to settings then filers & rules, click new rule.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Oct 2021, 03:25 PM   #4
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

The filter rule works well with one limitation. The forwarding only occurs once the email has entered Fastmail's system. This is not ideal when you want to protect yourself against a catastrophic outage at Fastmail where incoming mail is being queued. For those with their own domain, a better approach is to add the backup account as an additional destination in the domain aliases. When this is done, the MX servers arrange for mail to be delivered to the backup account even when the whole of New York Internet is down.

The same approach is possible for your additional Fastmail aliases (but not your main account login)

Last edited by BritTim : 7 Oct 2021 at 03:31 PM.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Oct 2021, 12:19 AM   #5
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thanks to xyzzy,Terry and BritTim I appreciate your response But i failed to make myself clear. I can go to make a Rule but don't know how to set up the rule step by step. I have done this in years past but don't remember the step by step process.
Old 8 Oct 2021, 06:36 PM   #6
gardenweed
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
Thanks to xyzzy,Terry and BritTim I appreciate your response But i failed to make myself clear. I can go to make a Rule but don't know how to set up the rule step by step. I have done this in years past but don't remember the step by step process.
The step by step instructions are in the Fastmail help pages at this link

Also here is a copy of those steps....

Email forwarding
To set up a rule to forward your mail from Fastmail to another email inbox, do the following:
  1. Open the Settings → Filters & Rules screen and click New Rule in the toolbar at the top.
  2. In the Conditions section, click The sender's email and change this to All messages.
  3. In the Action section, select Send a copy and enter the email address you want to forward to. To send to multiple addresses, separate the addresses with a comma.
  4. Click Save in the toolbar at the top.
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Oct 2021, 11:22 PM   #7
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Thank you gardenweed for your help. So easy once you know how
Old 31 Oct 2021, 06:04 AM   #8
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

I am using
mail forwarding
To set up a rule to forward your mail from Fastmail to another email inbox, do the following:
Open the Settings → Filters & Rules screen and click New Rule in the toolbar at the top.
In the Conditions section, click The sender's email and change this to All messages.
In the Action section, select Send a copy and enter the email address you want to forward to. To send to multiple addresses, separate the addresses with a comma.
Click Save in the toolbar at the top.
Old 31 Oct 2021, 06:13 AM   #9
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Note: The Conditions Section is Blank

Open the Settings → Filters & Rules screen and click New Rule in the toolbar at the top.
In the Conditions section, click The sender's email and change this to All messages.
In the Action section, select Send a copy and enter the email address you want to forward to. To send to multiple addresses, separate the addresses with a comma.
Click Save in the toolbar at the top.

These instructions are give by Fastmail
Old 31 Oct 2021, 08:12 AM   #10
gardenweed
Cornerstone of the Community

Hi sheprd,

I have re-written the instructions the way I see them.
Hope this helps.
  1. Go to "Settings" and select "Filters & Rules"
  2. The first rule will be created saying "If All the following conditions apply"
  3. The 2nd line in the Rule begins with a 1 inside a circle.
  4. Just to the right of that 1 inside the circle there is a Dropdown menu which says "From"
  5. Click the Dropdown menu that says "From"
  6. At the very top of the dropdown list, there is an option "All messages"
  7. Click "All messages", and the dropdown will close.
  8. Click "Continue" after the dropdown list closes.
  9. A new menu opens with many tick boxes for selecting options.
  10. Select the tick box that says "Send a copy to" - and enter the email address that you want to forward to in the field to the right of that tick box.
  11. Further down the same page you will see a field called "Name" - you can write a short description here if you want to remember the purpose of this rule.
  12. When finished, click the "Save" button at the bottom.
  13. Now you can go back to mail.
gardenweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2021, 07:57 PM   #11
Terry
The "e" in e-mail

Number 12
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote