EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Miscellaneous > The Off-Topic Lounge
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

The Off-Topic Lounge APPROPRIATE FAMILY-FRIENDLY TOPICS ONLY - READ THE RULES!
This forum is for posting anything (excluding topics prohibited by the forum rules) that's unrelated to email. General discussions, in other words.

Old 26 Oct 2003, 06:21 PM   #1

The post about the person above you: version 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estester
To participate is simple, post something about the person who posted last. It's a great way to get to know each other as well...

Example: If I was posting about the person above me (Happens to be no one, but I'll use Edwin as an example) I would say something like~~> "Is an Admin of a Emaildiscussions.com Forum and owns tons of cool domains." Plus, whatever else I know about Edwin, though I just used that sentence as an example.

Obviously, the more you know someone, the better you'll be able to post about them...
Well I got this from the original Post About the Person Above you thread by EsTester. That threads over a year old and (mysteriously) closed - but I thought it would be a great way to get to know some of the newer forum members we now have.

Dan

Old 26 Oct 2003, 07:07 PM   #2
kander
The "e" in e-mail

Stormcrow, AKA Dan L.

Dan lives in South East Queensland, Australia. He's doesn't like Danni Minogues' lyrics, but thinks her radio show ('Noon Nights') makes up for that.

He wanted a sneak peek at the new Hotmail, but didn't dare opening a new account, which I can understand completely. He used my Image Shower, filled with Hotmail Screenshots, instead.

Dan works in a company, and a norwegian girls works there too. He likes her... she speaks english very well, with a bit of an american accent.

His favourite blend of the Law and Order series is 'Criminal Intent'. He also had a good laugh over the show 'Kath and Kim'.

For some reason he didn't know they have large generators supplying the power in the Antartica bases, that run on Diesel. The fuel is shipped in through planes.

He posted that he certainly does not want to become a moderator, because his post-count-title would be stuck. But then again, a few lines back he posted about a policy where asking for mod = not becoming mod... perhaps this also works in reverse

Oh, and I think I remember his middle name beginning with a J...

(Note to those participating: Keep it civil! We don't want to see this thread shot down like the other one, for whatever reason! Especially with the extra shipload of mods around...)
(Second note: You can use the Profile button for some basic info, and in the upper right corner there's a 'Search for all posts by this user' link... )

--K

(Note to Dan: Had to constrain myself from posting something about Ancient Thre.. oops. Almost slipped there.)
kander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Oct 2003, 09:27 PM   #3
CelticBlackCat
Essential Contributor

kander is a handsome and cute lad of 17 years of age who lives in The Netherlands. Like his fellow Dutchies mammaduck and Sydney, he has a full command of the English language and native English-speaking people wouldn't believe he (and they) are from Holland if they didn't know better.

kander's first name is Sander, but that name was already taken when he signed up for something and created a username a long time ago, so he created the name kander, because he must really like the letter K and it sounds good too.

kander has been on the forum a lot longer than I, since January of 2002, and has contributed greatly to helping people on the forums with his extensive knowledge of all things email. kander is a delightful teenager who seems mature and well-adjusted. He has a FastMail account.

kander has a great sense of humor to go with his intelligence and good looks. EMD wouldn't be the same without our kander.

CelticBlackCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2003, 12:37 AM   #4
Malc 44
Essential Contributor

Celtic Black Cat

Harmless

edit: Mostly Harmless

--------
Difficult to write about someone as mysterious as our Celtic Black Cat. She is a bit of a dark horse but I think she lives in the UK somewhere, in a graveyard full of green mist (very spooky). Her user name adds to this mystique and I'm not sure if anyone on these forums actually knows her real name. However, on the few occasions I have encountered her, I have found Celtic Black Cat to be very friendly and most helpful, and not at all scary! I believe she belongs to a few MSN groups as we once had a discussion about these in a past thread. She likes her music and has contributed to the music threads on several occasions.

edit: (how could I forget) She is an animal lover and likes cats especially.

If I have not written enough here, please post again and give someone else the opportunity to review you again. This will keep the thread alive for now.

Malc

Last edited by Malc 44 : 31 Oct 2003 at 07:38 AM.
Malc 44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Oct 2003, 08:20 AM   #5

Malc 44.

Malc lives over in the sunny UK. He likes his music, evident by the many posts in the music threads. You often see Malc in the offtopic lounge, and if the post counts were counted, I'm sure he'd almost be a master of the @.

Since I've already been on the post, I'm going to randomly nominate a forum member for the next post. JeffK will be the next person to post about

dan
Old 30 May 2005, 08:35 AM   #6
The Storm
Essential Contributor

Hmmmm. Well, Stormcrow has a few usernames on the forums. He lives in QLD Australia.
The Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2005, 12:26 AM   #7
Chipper
Master of the @

Well, let see...

The Storm, aka Dan, aka Stormcrow, aka Mirthandir, aka AussieDarkStorm has at least three body piercings: nipple, eyebrow & helix (upper ear).

He was once stung by a bee. (I did a search on his posts and that was one of them. )

His dream job would be laying on a deserted tropical beach in Queenland Australia drinking Bundaberg Rum and going water skiing.

On his birthday last year, JeffK, took time out of his day and called me on the phone at work. Would you believe that he picked up the wrong line and there was JeffK?! To say he was shocked, and for once in my life, almost speachless is an understatement!

He dared me (as well as the other forum members) to create the longest thread ever.

Dan has tried to stop smoking and did really well at one point. (I think it was a 10 month streak.) All the forum members (myself included) are rooting for him and are behind him 100% in hoping that he is able to kick the habit once and for all. In fact, SusanUKF would probably get an Enhanced account if he could go 5 years without smoking.

I'll try to add more as time permits -- I've been at work for about an hour and all I've been doing is lollygagging so I really need to get to work.

Oops!!! Just as I was going to post this post, I saw that I was supposed to have written about JeffK. My sincere apologies for this inadvertant breach of forum ethics. I will write about JeffK (unless somebody else does so before I have time to get back here) later on.
Chipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2005, 09:46 AM   #8
The Storm
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chipper

Oops!!! Just as I was going to post this post, I saw that I was supposed to have written about JeffK. My sincere apologies for this inadvertant breach of forum ethics. I will write about JeffK (unless somebody else does so before I have time to get back here) later on.
Hehe, well I could tell you a few tall tales about the country bloke from Kingaroy Queensland! Did you know that he claims to be a city bloke, not country? He works for an electrity corporation!
He once had an email account with a company called inbox.com, and was annoyed when it closed down. He is currently a moderator on the Emailaddresses.com forum, and has another top secret ID! (can you guess which one it is...) . He runs/attends a christian group. The other day he went to work on his rostered day off (I was shocked and or dismayed JeffK! I wholeheartedly expect you to run amok on your days off thankyou very much!)

Unconfirmed reports - Legend has it that JeffK will be the next PM of Australia! Watch this space! He was reportedly offered a role as Alf Stewarts son on Home and Away, but declined the offer. He may make an apperance on a future episode on the simpsons! He recently campaigned for all trees and bushes to be trimmed to a height of 3 metres. He likes water restrictions, but detests it when there are electricity restrictions There have been unconfirmed reports that JeffK is in fact a NSW blues supporter in the footy..

Hehehe, did I also mention JeffK has a great sense of humour?

Chipper is the next person to post about

Last edited by The Storm : 1 Jun 2005 at 09:54 AM.
The Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2005, 10:04 AM   #9
JeffK

Quote:
Originally posted by The Storm
[BThere have been unconfirmed reports that JeffK is in fact a NSW blues supporter in the footy..

[/b]

You must be kidding. I am one eyed Maroon supporter. LOL
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2021, 07:25 PM   #10
Bamb0
Master of the @

JeffK is awesome...... He is a good staff member and cares of this site
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote