EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 31 May 2015, 03:54 PM   #136
Here today

Hey is it just me or does it seem like forwarding mail from other mailboxes doesn't work? I have two older addresses on which I received some e-mails for which I can't change the address at the source. I set up forwarding on these accounts to my scryptmail address, and the e-mails simply are not getting through at all. They did when I used them to forward to another address.
Here today is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 May 2015, 11:19 PM   #137
popowich
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
EmailQuestions.com
Which email service are you forwarding from?

I can setup my Gmail to automatically forward a copy of any email from my Yahoo address to my SCRYPTmail address and that's working OK.
popowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2015, 02:58 AM   #138
scryptmail

Representative of:
Scryptmail.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Here today View Post
Hey is it just me or does it seem like forwarding mail from other mailboxes doesn't work? I have two older addresses on which I received some e-mails for which I can't change the address at the source. I set up forwarding on these accounts to my scryptmail address, and the e-mails simply are not getting through at all. They did when I used them to forward to another address.
Hi. Yes, there are known problem with forwarding. Root of the problem, is that each mail service provider decided to use their own 'cool' non standard way of forwarding email. Where we already included headers to catch gmail, yahoo, outlook, there are other services may using different header fields. if you let me know what email providers you are trying to forward from, I may try to register and see. you can write me to sergei@scryptmail.com.

Sorry for inconvinience
scryptmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Jun 2015, 03:43 AM   #139
Here today

I'm mostly trying to forward from Yandex mail adresses.

I was just surprised because I never saw this before.
Here today is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2015, 01:31 AM   #140
popowich
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
EmailQuestions.com
It's been a while since the last blog update.

I will begin making more frequent blog updates for SCRYPTmail

Here is the post I made this morning that shows the new interface we'll be releasing:

SCRYPTmail blog - new interface design and features
Old 30 Aug 2015, 01:44 AM   #141
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Seeing a mention of 2FA with Google Authenticator, I'm suddenly interested.
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2015, 01:46 AM   #142
popowich
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
EmailQuestions.com
Are there any other features that continue to keep your interest and convert you into a user?

FYI - There is a features list that can be voted on in the right side column of the blog page.
Old 30 Aug 2015, 01:53 AM   #143
FredOnline
The "e" in e-mail

Along with 2FA, having folders (not deleted or spam folders) that you can set up to autopurge emails older than x days/weeks/months).
FredOnline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2015, 03:36 AM   #144
beeboy
Cornerstone of the Community

Nice to see Scryptmail offering pay-for accounts. Very reassuring to know they will have income.

2FA is a biggy. This will put SM in front of the competition.
beeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2015, 04:36 AM   #145
17pm

Wait, scryptmail is already supporting 2FA, google authenticator and yubikey? Did I get that right? If so, holly $#/&(, that's some amazing news. You're just way way too far ahead of the competition.
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2015, 01:20 PM   #146
pjwalsh
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17pm View Post
Wait, scryptmail is already supporting 2FA, google authenticator and yubikey? Did I get that right?
No.

It's on the coming-soon/wish list, along with iOS and Android apps,... TBA.

Quote:
SCRYPTmail will be coming out of beta soon and releasing our new interface and features
At this time the new interface is not available for public beta testing.

SCRYPTmail 1.0 will be released after this new system and and the first few rounds of updates & bug fixes based on user feedback have been implemented.
- blog
pjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Aug 2015, 01:31 PM   #147
popowich
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
EmailQuestions.com
Quote:
having folders (not deleted or spam folders) that you can set up to autopurge emails older than x days/weeks/months).
This is on our feature list for this fall. It's not part of the initial features in the new version, but shouldn't be too long after the new version is released.
Old 4 Sep 2015, 01:25 AM   #148
popowich
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
EmailQuestions.com
Hi jslaterb,

Quote:
Will there be a catch all feature if you use a custom domain?
Catchall for personal domain hosting will not be part of the initial release of the new SCRYPTmail. It's on our list of updates to come out next. The new updates and features should start coming out faster once we have the new version deployed.

Quote:
are you just friends or are you business partners? I only see Sergi on the scryptmail page.
It started as me doing some SCRYPTmail customer service from Email Questions. We're business partners now. Yes, the web site needs some work.

Please let me know if there are any other features you're interested in. We have a features poll that can be voted on along the right side of the SCRYPTmail blog.
Old 11 Sep 2015, 08:24 PM   #149
17pm

I have 3 things to say about scryptmail:

1) I tried registering a new account with scryptmail and couldn't. Your Sign Up page is seriously bugged on my end. In the "ID" section, whenever I type an e-mail address, I need to type 1 letter, wait a few secs, type another, wait a few secs, type another... I just gave up.

2) Your login page doesn't support lastpass, which is a bummer.

3) Popowhich, I think you should re-write the whole site, from scratch. For example, when one hovers over "Zero Data Knowledge *", one reads: "If scryptmail database get compromised"... It's just full of grammatical errors (I believe those are grammatical?)
17pm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Sep 2015, 08:32 PM   #150
popowich
Essential Contributor

Representative of:
EmailQuestions.com
Quote:
I tried registering a new account with scryptmail and couldn't. Your Sign Up page is seriously bugged on my end. In the "ID" section, whenever I type an e-mail address, I need to type 1 letter, wait a few secs, type another, wait a few secs, type another... I just gave up.
What O/S and web browser are you using?

If you open a new web browser do you still experience the slowness?

Does the problem survive a reboot on your end?

This is the first time this issue has been reported.

Quote:
Your login page doesn't support lastpass, which is a bummer.
This is a new bug that was recently reported. It will be fixed.

Quote:
I think you should re-write the whole site, from scratch.
Agree, and we are going to redo the splash page.

The landing page will be redone along with rewrite of the mail interface.

Is there any information that isn't online that you'd like to see more detail about?

Thank you for taking the time to try the service and provide the feedback