EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Help Needed!
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Help Needed! Having problems with your email service, or with the email software you're using? Post your questions and answers here!

Old 16 Aug 2014, 03:03 PM   #1
bobmale

Send problems with Mail.com

In the last week I have been experiencing 'send' problems with mail.com. There appears to be something 'blocking' the send function. If I click on Compose I am unable to enter anything in the 'To' or 'Subject' nor text area.

There is also a box appearing with 'Resume email' under the Compose button but even trying to 'X' it does not resolve the problem.

I am able to Receive and do 'Instant Replies' but no new messages.

I have tried logging off/on several times. For a totally different reason I had to reinstall Win 7. I had the problem both before and after the reinstall.

I cannot email support of course!

I even installed Mozilla's Thunderbird and that also exhibits a similar problem 'sending'.

Any and all help is much apreciated; thank you.

Bob
bobmale is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16 Aug 2014, 03:33 PM   #2
bobmale

No IMAP available on free version

Guess Thunderbird needs IMAP/POP and that's a reason it does not help....

Bob
Old 16 Aug 2014, 08:02 PM   #3
kaptitsky
The "e" in e-mail

What browser are you using? Have you tried using a different browser?

The problems you are describing appear related to composing an email in the webmail client, not to sending it via SMTP.

As you note, you can send e-mails via the "Instant Reply" compose, but not when you try and compose a new email. This means that you can send emails, even if you can't create a new one.

One classic trick is flushing the browser cache to get a new copy of the webmail. You can also start the browser in "safe mode" to eliminate problems caused by any add-ons or extensions that might be interfering with the webmail client.

The problems you have using Thunderbird are probably not related. While Mail.com claims that IMAP access is a paid only option, many of us have found that access is not limited. In this case, the problem would be with logging into the SMTP server that is used to send outgoing mail.

If you prefer the web client, look at the problems with the browser. If you prefer Thunderbird, look for problems with SMTP authentication.

But those two problems probably aren't related.
kaptitsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Aug 2014, 05:20 PM   #4
bobmale

Problem resolved

Thanks Kaptitsky!

Cleared the browser cache (Firefox) and it is now working fine.

Thanks again

Bob
Old 17 Aug 2014, 11:24 PM   #5
EmailHosting

Representative of:
EmailHosting.com
Mail.com Send Problems Response

It appears that mail.com is a subsidiary of the 1 & 1 company; and so, you may just go to 1and1.com and contact them directly. Who knows...you may get a response and get this issue resolved.

I'm surprised mail.com serves news stories and everything else. I guess it is a good way to get people to mail.com by delivering fresh content.
EmailHosting is offline   Reply With Quote