EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Email Comments, Questions and Miscellaneous Share your opinion of the email service you're using. Post general email questions and discussions that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 4 Jul 2024, 12:20 AM   #1
Patyaa

Gmail pop-up box not showing typed contact name in "To" field

Hi, everyone!

This problem started recently.

When I start typing a Contact in the "To" line of an email, the Contact's name (with address) does not immediately show up in the pop-up box. It shows a maximum of 8 entries, supposedly the most frequently used, but there's something wrong.

To exemplify what's happening, take a look at these 4 fictitious contacts:

MIT
general@mit.com

Bruce Thompson
brucethompson.mit@gmail.com

Mary White
marywhite.mit@gmail.com

Richard Green
richardgreen.mit@gmail.com

Prior to this "bug", when I started typing "MIT" or even "M" in the "To" line of an email, it showed up the pop-up box and the first contact shown was MIT - general@mit.com.

Now, when I started typing "MIT" or even "M" in the "To" line of an email, it shows up the pop-up box and the MIT - general@mit.com contact is not shown. It is shown only the contacts that have "MIT" not in the contact's name, but in the e-mail address itself (Bruce Thompson - brucethompson.mit@gmail.com, Mary White - marywhite.mit@gmail.com, Richard Green - richardgreen.mit@gmail.com.

In order to the MIT - general@mit.com be shown in the pop-up box, I have to type "general", in the "To" line.

It feels that Gmail is giving priority to show in the pop-up box the e-mail contact itself rather than the contact's name.

Hope to hear for any hint on solving this annoying problem.

Thank you!
Patyaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Yesterday, 12:35 AM   #2
Patyaa

As of yesterday, the problem has apparently been resolved.
Patyaa is offline   Reply With Quote