EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Discussions about Email Services > Early Warning...
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

Early Warning... If an email service has closed down or changed the services it offers, or if there are indications it is about to do so, post about it here.

Old 18 Dec 2001, 03:15 AM   #1
apthul

Thumbs up E-Mol.com a fun way to check your mail

I know this group is usually taking about free web based email accounts but I wanted to mention e-mol.com I have been using e-mol for years and it is a free service is solid as a rock.

E-mol.com is a web based e-mail client that allows anyone to read e-mail, write e-mail, maintain an address book, setup a planner and customize almost everything from anywhere in the world.

Take a look:
http://www.e-mol.com
apthul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 18 Dec 2001, 04:52 PM   #2
Shelded

Thumbs up Hey, this is no joke!

This is a valuable contribution, thanks for pointing it out.

The thing is reading one of my Fastmail IMAP accounts and allows me a briefcase and a calendar. It's running a banner ad at top. It has several (too intense) color combinations to choose from.

"Fun" is a good description, but "Functional" is, too.
Shelded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2001, 05:57 AM   #3
sheprd
The "e" in e-mail

Could you please explain a bit more? I went to e-mol and didn't quite understand. I have regular web based email. Can I use e-mol to check my mail? One of the three forms to fill out asked for mail server, Would that be hotmail, Altavista, Runbox or whichever server a person had? I don't quite understand POP3 mail. Is that different from web based mail? Thanks for any help.
sheprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 Dec 2001, 07:30 AM   #4
basilmaven

Thanks, Apthul, for the link. e-mol.com is one slick package, at least at first blush. The interface is particularly attractive and distinctive without being gimicky or slow and it's v. easy to navigate.

It would be nice if they had address import/export and more storage available, though 5MB is okay for something that's not really a free email service, so much as POP access. It's an interesting variation on POP3Now.com, which doesn't store anything on it's servers...
basilmaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2002, 12:25 AM   #5
apthul

RE: POP Explanation

Quote:
Originally posted by sheprd
Could you please explain a bit more? I went to e-mol and didn't quite understand. I have regular web based email. Can I use e-mol to check my mail? One of the three forms to fill out asked for mail server, Would that be hotmail, Altavista, Runbox or whichever server a person had? I don't quite understand POP3 mail. Is that different from web based mail? Thanks for any help.
I would be happy to explain more. POP or Post Office Protocol is a common method that people use to read their e-mail. Outlook, Outlook Express, and Eudora are all POP mail clients. Some web based email providers do not allow you to connect via the pop protocol. With these sites any POP client is useless. Yahoo does allow you to connect via a pop server if you enable that feature. If you have a mail account at Yahoo you can use pop.mail.yahoo.com as your pop server. I hope this clears some things up.
apthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Jan 2002, 12:35 PM   #6
psalzer

I want to thank you for posting this link. It saved someone a bit of trouble just today. I do a site for my daughter's new design firm and they use the POP mail provided by their web host. She and her partner got to the office today and found they couldn't send e-mail out of network. I'm still not sure why. They always could before, but there was no time to really look into it. They were busy and I was at my job when they called me. The web host allows you to check your mail through the web, but not send it, so that wasn't any help. They needed to sent out mail with attachments to meet a deadline.

After we couldn't immediately identify the problem by phone I told them to try e-mol.com as a temporary solution and it worked for them as far as I know. I'd never have known about if not for this forum. Thank you so much.
psalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2023, 09:32 AM   #7
Bamb0
Master of the @

That site looks neat!!

Basicaly it looks like a more advanced mail2web.com
Bamb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2023, 04:02 PM   #8
Avion

And the forum paleontologist strikes again!
Avion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2023, 07:42 PM   #9
Bamb0
Master of the @

Thank you for the kind words

I think its awesome EMD is still about some 22 years later!!

God Bless Edwin and everyone involved with it!!
Old 8 Feb 2023, 09:19 PM   #10
TenFour
Master of the @

That site isn't using https. I wouldn't trust it with any important email.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Feb 2023, 06:08 AM   #11
Bamb0
Master of the @

I dunno I didnt try https with it.... Has anyone? (They may indeed have an HTTPS layer)

EDIT:

Yes they do have SSL. I failed to notice the link on the page "Secure Logon"
Old 9 Feb 2023, 02:20 PM   #12
chrisretusn
Cornerstone of the Community

The cert expired Sun, 19 Feb 2012 23:59:59 GMT
chrisretusn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Feb 2023, 10:59 PM   #13
Bamb0
Master of the @

Ya I clicked CONTACT and told them.... (Cause newer browsers wont let one use the HTTPS side if one wants to like that)