EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 5 Aug 2013, 03:40 AM   #1
camner
Cornerstone of the Community

Foreign language support gone?

For years I've used the FM web interface to compose emails in Spanish, because the interface seemed to autodetect when I was writing in Spanish and switched to checking spelling in Spanish rather than in English.

When the new interface came out, the Compose window didn't support this any more, but it still worked in the Classic interface. Now it seems to be gone there, too.

I never saw any documentation about this...was it an "undocumented feature" that is now gone for good? Does anyone know?
camner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6 Aug 2013, 08:02 AM   #2
bbbc

The new UI doesn't seem to be keen with other character sets too. Try these sample email addresses in Hiragana, Kanji, and Katakana - http://idn.icann.org/E-mail_test .
bbbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Aug 2013, 12:27 AM   #3
toolio

I also am experiencing the same issue, and find it highly unsatisfactory compared to the old way of doing things. I constantly send emails in both English and Portuguese.
toolio is offline   Reply With Quote