EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > Runbox Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

Runbox Forum Everything related to Runbox should go here: suggestions, comments, complaints, questions, technical issues, etc.

Old 25 Aug 2004, 05:20 AM   #1
trond
Essential Contributor

IMAP-update

We're sorry it has taken so long, but today, we finally found an obscure bug that we think has been the root of the IMAP-problems. We have corrected this bug, and installed the new version. I'm pretty confident that there won't be any more deletions now. We'll keep doing full backup for all IMAP-users every 20 minutes just in case, though.

The new version was installed about 7:30PM GMT+0200

The bug was related to a change that was made in the database a long time ago. This hasn't been a problem at all until now, but for some reason, it became one after we optimised the database.
trond is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Aug 2004, 05:37 AM   #2
AGSHender

*crosses fingers*

I'll make a backup copy of my Inbox, just in case, so I don't have to bug you to restore it IF it gets deleted again.

Thanks for letting us know, and thanks for your hard work in gettign things straightened out.
AGSHender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2004, 01:17 AM   #3
linuz

IMAP bug

hej, runbox,

Will the new IMAP upgrade fix the bug which makes mess with email headers when messages are moved from off-line folders?
I have tried out but it was all the same experience as reported
here:

http://www.emaildiscussions.com/...threadid=23634 (see also the copy-pasted post below)

I do need to move online my email archive, so that I could
use at least some of 1 GB

thanx,

linuz

quote:
but there is a problem: after I copied a message from a POP mailbox to a Runbox folder, I viewed it with Eudora and with the web interface www.runbox.com. In Eudora it looks exactly as it is supposed to, with the original From and Date. BUT when I view the list of messages in that folder with www.runbox.com, the From column shows the recipient instead of the sender, and the Date-time column shows the time when I copied the message from one mailbox to another. However, when I open the message in www.runbox.com, everything (From, To, Date-time) shows up correctly. If somebody could clear up this mistery

The From/To problem is a bug in the Runbox IMAP implementation. I'm assuming it's just inserting the information into the database with the "To" address instead of the "From" address (although this would be the correct behavior for the "Sent" folder which is probably the most common folder being update with IMAP). This problem has been identified before but hasn't made it up the priority list to be fixed yet. Maybe with the larger mailbox space and people wanting to move mail to their accounts it might be more of an issue now.

The folder listing has always showed the "arrival" time of a message. In this case it is when you uploaded the message. There has been requests to make it optional to show "arrival" or "sent" times but again it hasn't made it up the priority list yet.

Regards,
Rich
linuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2004, 01:31 AM   #4
Liz
The "e" in e-mail

Representative of:
Runbox.com
No, this just fixed the deletion issue, the new IMAP setup is still some weeks off! Although the date issue ought to be fixable separately, really...

Liz
Liz is offline   Reply With Quote