EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 21 Jun 2004, 12:26 PM   #1
BROKEN_LADDER

Personalities screwed up!

I don't know a very articulate way to explain this, but my personalities are completely screwed up. I can't delete or edit them. I just keep getting a weird error message. To any support people, try it yourself and see what I mean..it's bizarre.

Also, a few other issues. My messages are all sorted "backwards", so that the newer messages are at the top, not the bottom. If I fix this by clicking on the "date" column, it's messed up again the next time I log in. How can I permanently fix this?

And can you PLEEEEZ add to "personalities" the choice not only of "sent" message folder, but drafts and especially trash. This would be IMMENSELY helpful. Thanks.
BROKEN_LADDER is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21 Jun 2004, 12:43 PM   #2
Edwin
 Administrator 

Perhaps you could post the specific "weird error message" as it might help somebody diagnose the problem.
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2004, 12:46 PM   #3
BROKEN_LADDER

To understand exactly what's going on, you'd have to do it and just see what happens. It's not just simply an error message, it's the whole effect. I tried to explain this in my original message.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 01:36 PM   #4
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

Again, we do need to know what the error message is. Secondly, all webmail programs display new messages on the top - one reason being that its displayed in multiple pages, and if it was ordered the other way, you'd have to scroll through and click through pages to get your new messages.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2004, 01:54 PM   #5
ady
Essential Contributor

Just tried editing & deleting existing personality, works fine.

What's your account level? Different level has different number of allowed personalities.

Perhaps you can try the 'Account Problem' link at the login page.
ady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2004, 02:05 PM   #6
BROKEN_LADDER

My account level allows me to have three personalities. But my problem isn't about creating a new one, it's about how there is some bug when I try to edit or delete current personalities. The screen does nonsensical stuff.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 02:24 PM   #7
Edwin
 Administrator 

What browser and browser version are you using?

When did it last work for you?
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2004, 02:28 PM   #8
BROKEN_LADDER

I'm using Epiphany 1.2.5, and this is the first time I've ever really played with personalities.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 02:40 PM   #9
Sherry

BROKEN_LADDER,
If it's a browser problem then I'm afraid I can't help you with that but if it's not, maybe the one you want to delete is not really selected. Try double clicking on the one you want to delete, or high-lite it and click on Select at the bottom. Then if you want to delete it, click on Delete Selected at the bottom. Maybe that will work?

Sherry
Sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2004, 02:41 PM   #10
BROKEN_LADDER

It won't let me select it. If I try, I get the weird error effect.
Old 21 Jun 2004, 02:48 PM   #11
Daniel S

Can you post a printscreen?
What stylesheet are you using?
Old 21 Jun 2004, 03:07 PM   #12
BROKEN_LADDER

This error occurs even in Windoze (Internet Expl0rer). It happens whether I double-click an item, select and (try to) edit/delete, etc.

Here's a screenshot:
http://brokenladder.com/shared/screenshot.jpg
Old 21 Jun 2004, 03:42 PM   #13
FMRocks
The "e" in e-mail

^ Umm... a personality requires an email address (something other than your FM account). In your screenshot, your email address field is empty. That's why it's not working. Personalities exist so you can send an email from your account and your From-line will be your other email address - that of your personality. e.g., if I FM account is soandso@fastmail.fm and I add a personality something@yahoo.com, I can send an email from my FM account and make it look to the recepient like it came from something@yahoo.com.
FMRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2004, 03:42 PM   #14
hunter
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally posted by BROKEN_LADDER
This error occurs even in Windoze (Internet Expl0rer). It happens whether I double-click an item, select and (try to) edit/delete, etc.

Here's a screenshot:
http://brokenladder.com/shared/screenshot.jpg
I've found out how to simulate the error. I don't know weather this is what broken_ladder has done or not.

When we enter personalities screen, the default option is Create New.
1. Enter some text on Display Name or Email Address
2. You decide to not create a new personality, you delete the text on Display Name and Email Address fields to be blank/empty.
3. Double click or select other personality and you'll get the mentioned error.

After the error occured, you cannnot select on any available personalities. The only way is to click on Cancel and return to Options page and open Personalities page again.

I think there is a bug here, if user did not click on 'Save' or 'Save and create another', there should not be any check on the fields at all.

Can some one please try and reconfirm please? Hope FM is watching this..
hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Jun 2004, 03:49 PM   #15
hunter
Essential Contributor

Problem or bug no 2 regarding personalities:

Go to personlities page, the default action is Create New

1. Enter valid Display Name and Email address.
2. Select any available personalities.
3. A new personality will be created event though I did not click 'Save' or 'Save and create another'

The default action is to Save new personality event though I did not click Save at all.
hunter is offline   Reply With Quote