EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 7 Oct 2004, 02:14 AM   #241
honaria

Thumbs up Fastmail

What can I say but..WONDERFUL. Well done to the Fastmail gang.
honaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2004, 06:18 PM   #242
Culmore

Cool

Very impressed so far. :

Only just started to use it. It seems that Fast Mail really gives me control over what I want to do with my old pop accounts. And IMAP marvellous indeed.
Culmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Oct 2004, 05:37 PM   #243
Anon48

Cool The Best for Power Users

What can I say that haven't been mentioned before?

With excellent service and advanced features (e.g. file storage, aliases, subdomain addresses, sieve scripting, domain hosting), FastMail offers great flexibility that makes it the best choice for power users.

I have been Guest -> Full -> Enhanced (with a hosted domain) user for several years, and never regretted it for a single second. And unlike all other supposedly larger email services, FastMail is honest and open with its customers despite its fewer resources (the few critics should try complaining to Yahoo, Gmail or Hotmail ). This transparentness is one of my major reasons for choosing of FastMail, especially after suffering with closed door policies and clueless CS people of the more corporarate services.

You can always use a Guest account to test FastMail, and although it may not have the more advanced services of other service levels, you can sample the reliability and the services that FastMail has on offer.

In short: brilliant! Jeremey, Rob and the FM gang have to be commended on a job well done and hope they continue to improve!

Anon48
Anon48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Oct 2004, 05:47 AM   #244
hxp

When I began looking for a webmail service my number one priority was to find something fast and robust. I don't care about a flashy and colorful GUI. I wanted something that I could get in and get out with ways to avoid spam and advertisements. I found it all here at Fastmail.fm.

Fastmail is brilliant! I am very impressed with the quickness and how zippy it feels to get around the site. I feel that Fastmail.fm is to the web mail service as Google.com is to the internet search engine! Job well done!

Edit: This was my first post! As soon as I found these discussion boards I had to share my thoughts. I expect to make more posts in the future.
hxp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Oct 2004, 03:05 AM   #245
OhGawd

Cool

A couple years using Fastmail.fm and NO SPAM ever, none, nada, zippo.

That's a hard record to beat !!!

-- And FREE to boot !!!
OhGawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Dec 2004, 10:26 AM   #246
sgwrb

WOW

I just upgraded to an Enhanced account, and was playing with it, and realized that it is indeed very powerful. Also, I noticed the option to downgrade the account for a full porated refund. I was surprized!

I think fastmail is in comparison with other companies very honest!

Thanks!
Ben
sgwrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 Dec 2004, 03:20 PM   #247
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

I'd like to add my 2 cents in praise of Fastmail...I've had an account for quite a while (though I still don't know the "ins and outs" of the service- that's why I'm here ) and it's still my primary account. It's far more flexible than any other service that I've personally tried, the web interface is clean and easy to use, the service overall (especially lately) is quite stable, and the options and terms for expanding your service level and other features are quite reasonable. Thanks and best wishes for continued success to the folks at Fastmail.
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Jan 2005, 03:02 AM   #248
CML209
Essential Contributor

FM's turnaround

I got encouraged to post in this forum, though most in the current issues forum have already read my thoughts.
I've been with FM about 16 months now. While the first four months were gravy, the beginning of 2004 started off about ten months of down time and other issues. In the meantime I kept complaining in the forums, which I know FM reads. I complained about customer service, which I guess were pointed comments for FM to answer in PM. I never gave them the chance directly. I switched much of my mail over to other services and when asked why I continued to complain about FM instead of just leave, I answered that I truly hoped they would work through their issues. When it came close to my year and re-subbing time I finally just wrote customer service with some questions and my issues. Considering how I have been in the forums, I expected no answer or a "see you later." I got a response from FM that made me believe they truly cared about the customer. I re-subbed, and the current trend of less downtime has continued. I really feel things are where they should be, and in the meantime I note other service's mail down, but not FM's. I realize downtime happens, but like my fifth grade teacher said, you can chew gum in class as long as you don't get caught. Downtime happens, but I have not caught it for quite a while.
FM lived up to their goals, which is fine by itself. Their customer service surprised me (because I was such a rag about things). I have to give service and customer service an A+, along with my thanks.
Chei Mi Lane
CML209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jan 2005, 08:12 AM   #249
JeffK

Fastmail is the BEST!

Not posting as a moderator!

A recent request by me to Fastmail support to rationalise two accounts resulted in them offering a solution which amounted to a gift of some extra subscription time for no cost.

Great customer service. Long live Fastmail.FM

Jeff
JeffK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 Jan 2005, 05:32 AM   #250
oeb

I maybe missing the point of fast mail although if when I'm using a cable modem, it really doesn't seem a whole lot quicker -- is that true?
And besides I need to go back into the regular runbox to view pictures and other embedded things I do want to see.
oeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 Jan 2005, 03:33 AM   #251
robert@fm
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally posted by oeb
I maybe missing the point of fast mail although if when I'm using a cable modem, it really doesn't seem a whole lot quicker -- is that true?
I think you answered your own question.
robert@fm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Feb 2005, 07:23 AM   #252
CML209
Essential Contributor

Re: Fastmail is the BEST!

Quote:
Originally posted by JeffK
Not posting as a moderator!

A recent request by me to Fastmail support to rationalise two accounts resulted in them offering a solution which amounted to a gift of some extra subscription time for no cost.

Great customer service. Long live Fastmail.FM

Jeff
I have to agree, Jeff. I haven't mentioned (in particular) how FM worked with me, as YMMV (your mileage may vary), but in an instance when I first started here and one a few months ago FM really excelled. This forum is wonderful, but I learned that if I am in need of something I am better off to ask directly. The biggest joy is that I have noted no outages when I needed to use my email. That says it all.
Chei Mi Lane
CML209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Feb 2005, 11:03 AM   #253
oeb

Smile

Thanks for all your help everyone...
oeb
oeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2005, 10:14 PM   #254
Abydos
Essential Contributor

A review from Ghana

My sister has just arrived in Ghana for two years with the VSO.

Before she left I set her up with a FM member account because I thought ISP's might be slow out there. (She previously had a .mac account which is oh so pretty but very graphics heavy). Anyway, thought FM might like to read her comments about their service:

>I just wanted to say - Thank you SO much for setting me up with a fastmail
account - everyone else is finding it virtually impossible to access
their emails but mine are loading up with no probs!

Another happy customer
Abydos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Feb 2005, 03:50 AM   #255
leifhlund

Thumbs up Testimonials

Thump is up. And every day has the thrill of fastmail.fm-services.
More than one year now. Investigating dvorak.org link to this service made me think that Plus+Addressing [folder@yourdomain.fastmail.fm] is One good and usefull thing.
Plentifull of stylesheets to choose from.
Professional Grey is one to choose, decent design and non-obstrusive look from people when visiting an èmail-shop in the third world.
I said: "Fastmail keep up the dedication to the email"

Last edited by leifhlund : 20 Feb 2005 at 04:37 AM.
leifhlund is offline   Reply With Quote