EmailDiscussions.com  

Go Back   EmailDiscussions.com > Email Service Provider-specific Forums > FastMail Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Stay in touch wirelessly

FastMail Forum All posts relating to FastMail.FM should go here: suggestions, comments, requests for help, complaints, technical issues etc.

Old 24 Jun 2021, 10:25 PM   #1
ellisaj

Problem with selecting contacts composing an e-mail

Hi,
I have a problem where when I start typing the contact for a new e-mail the drop-down list shows but when I select the correct contact/e-mail address it does not keep this selection. ie. only what I have starting typing into the To: box is kept.
I have tried logging out of Fastmail on my Laptop but this hasn't helped.
If anyone has any ideas on what I should try to correct then please let me know. Thanks in advance.
Andrew
ellisaj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25 Jun 2021, 06:07 AM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I have never seen this issue. When I click the proper choice with a mouse or touchscreen or I use the up/down keys and then hit the Enter key, the proper choice immediately replaces what I typed before into the addressing field.

I have a few questions for you:
  • Have you always had this problem, or has it only recently shown up?
  • I assume that you are using the web interface at https://www.fastmail.com and not the iOS/Android app. Is this correct?
  • What browser are you using? Has it been updated to the latest available version?
  • Are you using a PC, Mac, or some other device?
  • What operating system are you using?
  • How are you selecting the email in the drop-down menu? Are you using a mouse to click it, or using the up/down keys then hitting the Enter key?
My initial guess is that this is due to come browser add-on or extension. I hope you find a solution soon. If we can’t assist you here, you should file a Fastmail support request from the website.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Jun 2021, 06:39 PM   #3
ellisaj

Thanks Bill for your comprehensive reply. Really appreciate you taking the time.

I have never had this problem before either. It has only just started.

I am using Windows 10 with Google Chrome. Also using the Fastmail URL (web) not app on a Laptop PC. Using the mouse to select the e-mail address option.

I will try another Internet browser first and see if that's the problem. Then I will reboot the PC. I'll have a look at the Chrome version and the extensions too if that doesn't work.

I'll contact Fastmail support if still have a problem.

Thanks again.

Andrew
ellisaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Jun 2021, 09:40 AM   #4
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I just tried Google Chrome Version 91.0.4472.114 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a Windows 10 PC with Fastmail. I did not see the issue you describe.

Bill

n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote